Nexus 6P endless boot loop

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So, this morning my Nexus 6P displays "Google" while sitting on my desk. At first I thought "oh! another random reboot" and then the screen went bank only to show "Google" again and then the cycle continued. I wasn't sure what happened that put it in the reboot loop, but I powered it off and then powered on again. Still the same behavior. I held down the vol down and power but any of the options like bootloader, reboot in recovery or factory reset etc. take it back to endless boot loop cycle.

Tried to connect to laptop and it does not recognize it. Called Google and being just 2 month away from warranty expiration they will send a new (or maybe CPO) phone as a replacement.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any remedies?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Best (only) solution I can think of is to download the Nexus Root Toolkit ( Wugfresh.com ) and use its Softbricked/Bootloop function to repair the OS. You may lose all your data however.

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I tried but it did not work. It recognized the device but as it reboots it goes in the same loop. Waiting for my replacement now.