Screen wake very slow after OTA to 7.0

himenohogosha

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I just received the OTA upgrade to 7.0 and installed it. Now every time I want to use the phone I need to wait 5-10 seconds for the screen to turn on. This happens both after I press the power button or if I use the fingerprint reader. I've tried clearing the cache partition but that did not help. I tried booting into safe mode but the issue is still there, so it's not due to a third party app. Has anybody else experienced this and found a solution?

himenohogosha

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Well just to follow up, here are the things I tried:

- Factory wipe while on Nougat. Didn't help. When I booted the phone and pressed the power button during the signup process, it still took 5-10 seconds for the screen to turn back on.
- Unlock the phone and re-install the NRD90U OTA via ADB. Didn't help, same as above.
- Reinstall the factory image for NRD90U. Didn't help.
- Reinstall the factory image for MTC20L. Phone was back to normal operation. Screen turned on immediately after pressing power button. Camera functional. Auto-rotate functional.

Don't know what's wrong with my phone and nougat, but I guess I'll wait for some kind of future release.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what to tell you. I was on the first version of 7.0 and then updated to the current version with the September security patch. Pressing the power button and the lockscreen comes up in around a half second. If I were you I'd contact Google. It should still be under warranty, but even if it's not, it's worth a shot. I've been pretty happy with CS through Google.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd agree with the previous poster - time to contact Google about a warranty replacement. If you loaded 7.0 from ADB and threw in a Factory Reset and this problem still existed, but loaded 6.x and the problem immediately went away there's likely some hardware issue that's being exposed (Vulkan API support?).

I wouldn't wait around for a future build of 7.x to maybe fix the problem; meanwhile your warranty clock is ticking.

himenohogosha

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I do have a couple of weeks left on warranty. I did contact them earlier but I hesitated to do a replacement because it was a refurb unit. I thought it might be better to deal with my known demons than get a new set of unknowns. Do you guys think it's still worth getting a refurb replacement?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Better to get a refurbished replacement than to be stuck on 6.x for the remainder of your time with this device. It's obviously not a common problem since this is the first I've seen it mentioned, although a Google search might turn up other instances that didn't make it to this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz