Delayed Texts

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
My att outgoing texts have been delayed for the past couple weeks. Sometimes not going through. The issue is intermittent. It's only outgoing texts. Incoming are fine.

Nexus 6p, nougat
Problem happens in safe mode
Problem happens with new sim card
Problem happens even after resetting phone
Happens regardless of APN (I tried nextgen and the other one to)
Happen regardless of using stock app or textra

No rhyme or reason to when or where. It's intermittent but getting worse each day.

I dropped and cracked my phone, but I'm doubtful that is the cause, but who knows?

Any ideas?

No issues whatsoever receiving texts though!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does AT&T have to say about the problem (other than giving you a new SIM card)?

Anything special happen around the time it stopped working correctly (update to Android 7.x, dropped phone, etc)?

Have you been tracking your cellular signal when this happens? You could try something like SignalCheck Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&token=90WJUvT0 (there's also a free version).

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

Have you asked AT&T if they are servicing any towers in your area?

Issues with SMS are almost always due to carriers, not devices.

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Been going on for a few weeks and no one else around me is having that issue. Att just replaced sim. That's it on their part. Plus the trouble shooting steps I previously listed.

Also when it happens receiving texts and everything else on the phone which requires network seems to be fine. It's just sending SMS.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Take a look at the AT&T forums, this is pretty pervasive right now, across platforms and OS.

It seems to be mostly MMS (group and MM texts), I don't think I've seen it with SMS, on those forums. The problem is though, you don't know what you've "missed" until/if you get it, later on.

mbc663

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have the same issue. Same phone, same provider. It's been going on about a month and have tried everything. Spent an hour on the phone with AT&T tech support. They could not figure it out. It seems to happen more on LTE. Putting the phone on 3G seems to help big time. Have you fixed the issue yet? It's driving me crazy.