Will Nexus 6P get Google Assistant?

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have no doubt that a huge number of people played with Siri for days or weeks, grew tired of it, and never bothered again.

As for me, I don't mind "talking to my phone" when it is against my ear and I am having a conversation with another human being. However, talking to my phone in any other manner (OK Google, do this or find that) still strikes me as a bit odd and, not only do I refuse to do so in public, but I even feel stupid doing it when I am all alone in an otherwise empty house.

I have Siri on my iPad (Air 2). I keep it by my bed so mostly I use it to turn on/off IHeartRadio before I go to sleep. I can't imagine using it in front of others unless I was really drunk. "Hey, Siri! Where can I find the best hooker?"

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Google Assistant was shown on I/O and there was no mention of exclusivity on certain devices so I imagine that the Nexus phones will get it at the very least. This is like updating Siri on the iPhone 7 and not letting the older iPhones use it. Doesn't make sense since Google is in a constant need to improve its AI with machine learning.

Well Google already confirmed it's not one of the features not coming to other androids via 7.1...so all of you can be hopeful it comes in 8 but I'm saying likely not.

Like someone said our assistant can likely in Allo, something I'll never use due to lack of SMS.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
still strikes me as a bit odd and, not only do I refuse to do so in public, but I even feel stupid doing it when I am all alone in an otherwise empty house.

That's kind of nuts. hehe. I prefer telling Google to "add milk to my grocery list" and be done with it rather than...
1. grab the phone
2. unlock the phone
3. find the Keep app
4. find the Grocery list in Keep
5. add a new line item in my list and type "milk"
6. back out to save the change
7. etc...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's kind of nuts. hehe. I prefer telling Google to "add milk to my grocery list" and be done with it rather than...
1. grab the phone
2. unlock the phone
3. find the Keep app
4. find the Grocery list in Keep
5. add a new line item in my list and type "milk"
6. back out to save the change
7. etc...

Yeah, I get it.

But, for one thing, my wife and I use a shared grocery list with "Our Groceries" (search the Play Store) so no matter which of us happens to be in the store, we both have immediate access to the current list.

And, I still feel weird talking to my phone. Who knows? Maybe Google Assistant will take me over the edge...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21