Touch Sounds and Camera Vibration

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new to the 6p.

I happen to actually like touch sounds when turned down low, rather than just silence. Is there any way to get rid of this low frequency punching bag sound and change it to just a click or tap. Has got to be the worse touch sound ever.

Next, is there anyway to turn off the vibration that occurs when launching the camera by the double tapping the power button? I can see this getting pretty annoying.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any setting that will allow you to turn off the vibration when double pressing the Power button to activate the Camera - sorry.

You should send feedback to Google, which you can do from within the Camera app.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't see any setting that will allow you to turn off the vibration when double pressing the Power button to activate the Camera - sorry.

You should send feedback to Google, which you can do from within the Camera app.

Thank you, I think I will do that.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I happen to actually like touch sounds when turned down low, rather than just silence. Is there any way to get rid of this low frequency punching bag sound and change it to just a click or tap.
Which touch sounds are you referring to - when you touch any of the three navigation buttons or when you touch anywhere on the screen?

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Which touch sounds are you referring to - when you touch any of the three navigation buttons or when you touch anywhere on the screen?

When I touch the screen anywhere. Also the keyboard taps are very low and hollow regardless which keyboard I use. I just prefer clicks. Wishful thinking. There just may not be a solution without rooting.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Strange - when I go to Settings -> Sound -> Other sounds and enable 'Touch sounds' it sounds like a click to me. Of course, my hearing is shot from 30 years around jet engines, but that's what it sounds like to me.

And there doesn't appear to be a way to change the specific sound or its volume (without rooting of course).