Got 7.1, anyone notice any new features?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the "night mode enabler" app still works to bring night mode back? I've been really enjoying having it enabled in 7.0.

Yes. I definitely want to know! Night Mode works fabulously on my 6P on 7.0 and its become vital. Pathetic that Google removed this featured and stated it was because of hardware limitation which is total BS. If Apple can do it for their 64 bit Chips going back to 2013 (A7) than so can Google.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it REALLY that important? You're gonna leave the whole ecosystem just because a feature that was there isn't. Turn the brightness down.

Intent doesn't come across in the typed word. I don't mean to sound sarcastic. It's a serious question. Does this one thing really tip you over to Apple? They won't even let you decide where to put an icon on the screen. No headphone jack. Seriously. Even without nightlight Android is just sooo much better than Apple. My wife has an IP6+ and little things like the lack of customization drive me nuts.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely more responsive than 7.0. I'm not quite sure what bugs there are currently because I have not experienced them.

Very positive so far considering that it's only dev preview 1.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If you are using google launcher hold down icon to get to additional shortcuts. If u use Google keyboard and Google messenger you can click the smiley and get to gifs. Camera seems to have improved speed. Restart option when holding power

For some reason I can't get the Gif button to come on my Google keyboard. Am I missing something?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
A bit overdramatic...No?

I suppose lol. But Night Mode unfortunately is one of my favorite features and although never officially baked into Nougat officially, its disappointing that it won't be present just because of so called Hardware limitations on the 6P, even a half baked feature of it, like allowing the Night Mode Enabler to work on 7.1.1, would do. For a one year old device, the 6P became outdated just a tad bit, too quickly for my taste, *in my opinion*.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Well its been a day and SOT time so far has been 2:30 not very positive but I will see after a couple weeks how it's been 7.1 is very snappy smoother for sure

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well nice! I liked the night mode that was previously offered on 7.0, but I would have preferred it have a time like it does on the iPhone. This app looks like it's going to help with that! Thanks for the suggestion.

Yep, I've used twilight too. I'd really prefer to have a function like this managed directly by the OS, so I think it's a shame to see this feature go away in 7.1.1.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone "feels" faster. Apps seem to launch faster. Am using Google launcher when I previously used Nova so I can test the app shortcuts.

Battery is about the same, maybe a little better if its in sleep more often.

Camera is definitely faster, especially if you don't have HDR enabled. Sometimes I wonder if a picture was even taken, that's how fast it can be.

Love the voice mail now. I"m on Verizon and didn't do anything differently; it just switched when I got the beta.

Sometimes my 6P would get warm with heavy use; have not really experienced that with this build even during heavy use.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I suppose lol. But Night Mode unfortunately is one of my favorite features and although never officially baked into Nougat officially, its disappointing that it won't be present just because of so called Hardware limitations on the 6P, even a half baked feature of it, like allowing the Night Mode Enabler to work on 7.1.1, would do. For a one year old device, the 6P became outdated just a tad bit, too quickly for my taste, *in my opinion*.

I don't know how you define "outdated", but the 6p being one of the VERY few devices with up to date software, I'd say it's aging better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz