Nougat 7.1 Dev preview bugs?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I was testing 7.1.1 over the weekend. But I noticed when my battery got to 15% battery saver kicked in like normal, but then no more than a minute later, my phone shut down due to low battery. When I plugged into my charger and rebooted, I saw a sharp fall from 15% to 0 in the battery graph. Typically I would not run into battery saver most of my days, but when I do, I want to at least make it until I can get to a charger. This may be a small bug, bit at this point I unenrolled from the beta. I'll just wait til December.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I was testing 7.1.1 over the weekend. But I noticed when my battery got to 15% battery saver kicked in like normal, but then no more than a minute later, my phone shut down due to low battery. When I plugged into my charger and rebooted, I saw a sharp fall from 15% to 0 in the battery graph. Typically I would not run into battery saver most of my days, but when I do, I want to at least make it until I can get to a charger. This may be a small bug, bit at this point I unenrolled from the beta. I'll just wait til December.

Question for you. Was your phone wiped out when you unenrolled? I enrolled in beta to receive October security patches bc I hadn't received them (I enrolled 2 days ago). I was one of the people that enrolled in beta to receive nougat update and I guess that caused some issues in regards to people not receiving security updates after that. Now that I received October security updates I want to uneroll from beta but don't want my phone to be wiped out, otherwise I'll wait until final release in December and unenroll then.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I was having this issue with 7.0. I went so far as doing a factory reset to try to deal with it, but it still happened. I did a lot of searching and reading on battery calibration and recalibration in the process of trying to make this issue go away. The fix for me was to let the phone die completely, then I charged it back to 100% before rebooting it. In other words, charge it while it's completely powered off. That recalibrated the battery, and I've been able to run it down to single digits since then.

I haven't had this issue re-occur since re-enrolling in the beta program and installing 7.1.1.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I was having this issue with 7.0. I went so far as doing a factory reset to try to deal with it, but it still happened. I did a lot of searching and reading on battery calibration and recalibration in the process of trying to make this issue go away. The fix for me was to let the phone die completely, then I charged it back to 100% before rebooting it. In other words, charge it while it's completely powered off. That recalibrated the battery, and I've been able to run it down to single digits since then.

I haven't had this issue re-occur since re-enrolling in the beta program and installing 7.1.1.
Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that if the issue continues.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Question for you. Was your phone wiped out when you unenrolled? I enrolled in beta to receive October security patches bc I hadn't received them (I enrolled 2 days ago). I was one of the people that enrolled in beta to receive nougat update and I guess that caused some issues in regards to people not receiving security updates after that. Now that I received October security updates I want to uneroll from beta but don't want my phone to be wiped out, otherwise I'll wait until final release in December and unenroll then.
My phone was wiped because I was running 7.1.1 beta. If you are running stable official release, then your phone won't wipe if you unenrolled.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've yet to find issues with it. When I got it I was anxiously expecting something to just break out right but so far it's been a smoother and more reliable device compared to 7.0 "stable".

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Overall, the 7.1 beta was really nice.... It ran smooth, everything was stable, etc...

But then I hit some CRAZY high battery drop. Over the course of about two hours, my phone blew threw about 25% just sitting there on my coffee table. Nothing really stood out.. system processes were the big hitters. Now, going off the release notes, I suspect that there is a race condition in there somewhere that isn't addressed or checked in yet. Google even comes out at warns that you might run into high battery drain when your level is low (mine went from 85 to about 60 though).

No worries, that's why this is pre-release. But its also why I popped back to 7.0. I might revisit it one of these days if I am bored... and I will most certainly load the second build when it comes.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Overall, the 7.1 beta was really nice.... It ran smooth, everything was stable, etc...

But then I hit some CRAZY high battery drop. Over the course of about two hours, my phone blew threw about 25% just sitting there on my coffee table. Nothing really stood out.. system processes were the big hitters. Now, going off the release notes, I suspect that there is a race condition in there somewhere that isn't addressed or checked in yet. Google even comes out at warns that you might run into high battery drain when your level is low (mine went from 85 to about 60 though).

No worries, that's why this is pre-release. But its also why I popped back to 7.0. I might revisit it one of these days if I am bored... and I will most certainly load the second build when it comes.

How did you revert?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
One way to do it is to unenroll from the beta. Be aware that it'll wipe your user data when that happens though.

I unenrolled when I got 7.0 and my data didn't get wiped I am guessing it's a different behaviour for this update...ok thanks.

Kovss

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
When plugging into my external battery, it won't charge. I have to turn off my phone, wait 30 seconds, plug in. Then wait for my phone to show its charging and reboot. Anyone else see this?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I unenrolled when I got 7.0 and my data didn't get wiped I am guessing it's a different behaviour for this update...ok thanks.

That's because 7.0 was an official version not a beta. When you unenroll from a beta version your phone gets wiped.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
That's because 7.0 was an official version not a beta. When you unenroll from a beta version your phone gets wiped.

Ok cool thanks for clarification.

If I unenroll and factory reset, will I still have 7.0 without a beta build number? I really want out of beta completely...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz