Nougat 7.1 Dev preview bugs?

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'll have a replacement 6P with me on Monday or Tuesday. I was thinking off downloading the 7.1 preview on to my current 6P and see what it's like.
My question is, if I withdraw from beta updates before I setup my replacement 6P will I receive my standard Google updates (non beta)?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So far the battery life for me hasn't been as good as 7.0 so far. I cleared the cache like I always do but didn't do a factory reset because it is a PITA and not as vital as clearing cache. That said, it hasn't been 24 hours yet so I'll wait a couple more days. Other than that, I am getting more popping sounds during bluetooth music playback in my car than I have ever had. Hoping that goes away because it is a bit annoying. I would try the Pixel Launcher but not being able to swipe left to get the google app makes it not worth it so back to Nova.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
So far the battery life for me hasn't been as good as 7.0 so far. I cleared the cache like I always do but didn't do a factory reset because it is a PITA and not as vital as clearing cache. That said, it hasn't been 24 hours yet so I'll wait a couple more days. Other than that, I am getting more popping sounds during bluetooth music playback in my car than I have ever had. Hoping that goes away because it is a bit annoying. I would try the Pixel Launcher but not being able to swipe left to get the google app makes it not worth it so back to Nova.

I did the FDR and started from scratch. Only way to make sure IMO. This is the best SOT I've ever seen.

Attachments

• 1253.jpg
    1253.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 148

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell how much battery you have left? Is this part of the same charge cycle where you had 3 hours 24 minutes SOT after 50% battery usage?

Yep, they're the same charge cycle, I wouldn't even post it otherwise. The 4hrs 26 min is at 25% and I was on LTE and in Walmart with pretty bad signal from 50-25%.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I loaded up 7.1.1. And I can confirm that Ok Google does not work for me either
Try pressing the always on feature in OK google detection. If it turns off automatically, turn it on again....but before it switches off delete the voice model. Retrain and the always on will stay on.

Edit: always on, allows ok google from any screen including lock screen

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's a strange one. Every so often I like to use the identify this song feature where it listens to what's playing and tells you what it is. I cannot get that feature to work via an OK Google voice command. It works fine when I manually type it in to the Google search field, but not when I use voice. Is that feature still working in 7.0? Is this one more thing that Google is trying to reserve for the Pixel?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently downloading the 7.1 Beta. Ive read through the thread. Anything that I specifically need to do once fully downloaded. I don't want to mess my phone up. All this is safe?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently downloading the 7.1 Beta. Ive read through the thread. Anything that I specifically need to do once fully downloaded. I don't want to mess my phone up. All this is safe?
I'm not yet seeing really any significant changes from ,7.0. What am I missing here that propels 7.1 to be superior?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not yet seeing really any significant changes from ,7.0. What am I missing here that propels 7.1 to be superior?

What exactly were you expecting? This is still Nougat. There won't be anything significant other than for many people 7.1.1 feels like the official version and 7.0 felt like the beta.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
What exactly were you expecting? This is still Nougat. There won't be anything significant other than for many people 7.1 feels like the official version and 7.0 felt like a beta.
Thanks! I wasn't sure. I was thinking there would be some noticeable tweaks but that helps to know. Thanks again

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So two bugs have been fixed that I have noticed.

1.) Swiping away notifications from the lock screen doesn't require several attempts now.
2.) Since Nougat I haven't been able to download Google Music to my Android watch until now. That said, I still don't see google app cards.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante