Will the 6p not get anymore security updates moving forward?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just read an article that stated that the 6p will no longer be getting regular security updates since the Pixel has been released. Does anyone know if this is fact or will the 6p still continue to be supported for another year? Such a strong device for Google to out the 6p. If this is true then I now wonder if I should have gotten the Pixel. Twice the price though. Thanks for any insight to this.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It is guaranteed to get security updates through October of 2017.
Oh! That's good to hear. The article I read was unclear but lead me to think by years end, that would be it. I was thinking that this device is way too good not to get updates as it's one of the best phones on the current market if you are looking at a large screen phone. I never dreamed that I would ever own anything over 5.2 inches. I had read so much positive on about this phone that I actually exchanged my Honor 8 in for it. The large screen although is huge, has grown on me. I know I don't like putting it in a case as it bulks it up so I'm careful with it. Plus the high screen resolution has made watching movies on it nice. To me the sweet spot is around 4.8 to 5.0 inches. My Sony Xperia X has served me well there. The only other thing I'm not a huge fan of on the 6p is the fingerprint sensor is on the back and it dosent serve as a home button either. I use it but I'd rather it be in front and also serve as a home button or at least have that option of. I'd actually like to check out the smaller pixel. I think I would like it better than my Sony X 5 inch. They are expensive though it seems. Plus I was able to buy my Sony X for $199 so it was a deal I had to jump on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca