7.1.1 crashing my 6p

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you guys are having the issue I am. I'm on the beta version of 7.1.1 on my Nexus 6p. About once or twice a day the phone completely freezes and won't work. No buttons work comma nothing I press on the screen works and I have to do a hard reset. Is anyone else having this issue? Do you think I should reinstall 7.1.1 or leave the beta program?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OP, are you using any special apps (Facebook, etc)?
Did you try clearing the system cache in Recovery mode?

I'm on 7.1.1 (for the second time) and not seeing what you describe.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
OP, are you using any special apps (Facebook, etc)?
Did you try clearing the system cache in Recovery mode?

I'm on 7.1.1 (for the second time) and not seeing what you describe.

I tried all of that stuff. I ended up going to public release of nougat. My phone froze up 4 times tonight once in the middle of a call.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
7.1.1 has been extremely stable on my 6P. I've only noticed a few issues with a couple of apps that haven't been updated (AMC Theatres being the worst). The phone itself has been solid.

armyav8tor

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
7.1.1 has been very stable for me. More so than 7.0. Just waiting for the kernel to be released so the developers can work their magic!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you unenroll from the beta program to downgrade? Did it wipe your data? I've been getting the crashes as well and want to downgrade but don't want to wipe my data.

Yes it did wipe my data. I've been experimenting though and I think it's not 7.1.1 that was crashing but SwiftKey on my phone. I'm using the stock Google keyboard and so far everything seems to be ok.

tnfan2k12

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you guys are having the issue I am. I'm on the beta version of 7.1.1 on my Nexus 6p. About once or twice a day the phone completely freezes and won't work. No buttons work comma nothing I press on the screen works and I have to do a hard reset. Is anyone else having this issue? Do you think I should reinstall 7.1.1 or leave the beta program?