Nexus 6P with 7.0 randomly turns on Do not disturb?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was crazy. I am having this problem too. For weeks! In addition, although not as often, my phone will just go into vibrate mode. I have 6p 7.1.1 but it was doing it before I jumped to 7.1.1. I don't have a Zenwatch.

Here, I'll make this even messier - I have a moto360 2nd gen and a Samsung Gear S2. I haven't even used them over the past few days and it still happens.

So, just pile me on top of this heap. :(

Alan-F

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I disabled gestures on my watch and my phone is still changing to DND. I just rebooted because it was going back and forth as I was looking at it. 2-3 times a second, it was very frustrating to watch. So still looking for a solution.

Same... Sometimes the DND goes crazy, cycling through the modes rapidly. It just happened and rebooting the watch stopped it. I suspect (for no really good reason) that the phone or watch is telling the other device to activate DND, then that device tells the first device to enter DND, leading to the first device telling the second device to toggle DND... etc.

It just happened after I let a phone call disconnect (I didn't hang up, the caller did).

Nexus 5x and Asus ZenWatch 2. Auto DND - priority only - during night hours.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list of "it's happened to me". I also have an AW watch (Huawei) and a 6P running 7.1.1 but not in the beta program. Take a call, the phone goes into DnD and doesn't drop from DnD when done.

Vimal SRINIVASAN

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the Do Not Disturb icon appears when I take or make a phone call, but that seems to be the only time it turns itself on for me. Is there a chance that yours is turned on by a call but then isn't being turned off automatically after the call is over?

I am experiencing exactly this scenario. Once i am done with a call, i randomly see this 'do not disturb' icon. I will have to manually switch it off.

Alexander Tkachenko

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue with Auto DND. Anrdoid 7.1.1 + Moto 360 2nd Gen. It works correct during the day but it does not turn off DND after the call when I drive car and phone is connected to Bluetooth hands-free (also Android).

The question is which app makes "Auto DND" when making calls? Probably it can be disabled. I think I checked settings and all apps which can do this but didn`t find this option.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with Auto DND. Anrdoid 7.1.1 + Moto 360 2nd Gen. It works correct during the day but it does not turn off DND after the call when I drive car and phone is connected to Bluetooth hands-free (also Android).

The question is which app makes "Auto DND" when making calls? Probably it can be disabled. I think I checked settings and all apps which can do this but didn`t find this option.

From what I can tell, it's the dialer app itself. I believe this is native to 7.0, but it may have been introduced in 7.1.1 - I'm honestly not sure. I can't find any setting to disable it, but honestly I prefer DND when I'm on the phone. Plus my Martian Notifier "Smart" (ahem) watch still goes off when I get a notification during a call.

hakatit

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, it's the dialer app itself. I believe this is native to 7.0, but it may have been introduced in 7.1.1 - I'm honestly not sure. I can't find any setting to disable it, but honestly I prefer DND when I'm on the phone. Plus my Martian Notifier "Smart" (ahem) watch still goes off when I get a notification during a call.

Good yours does. My hauwei doesn't not. It goes DND in call just like phone.
Had a 2hr text "help" with Google yesterday about it.. walked me through setting a auto DND that was supposed fix it but it was rather vague. They were supposed to email me to follow up.. they sent me a BS email with links to the general help page on their site.
This bug with the dialer has caused me to miss important text while in a call. The fact that my smart watch doesn't notify me either is a real issue.

Zorg Industries

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR PHONE OR WATCH!
This is a feature (more like a flaw) with Android Nougat. Some clown decided that since "some people" don't want their phones vibrating while the phone is to their head that they would put the phone in DND when a call is initiated and turn it back off when it was torn down (ended).
I guess that they assume that the vibrate problem of "some people" outweighs the need to receive call waiting or text notifications. This is absolutely absurd. Don't make any calls if you are expecting someone to call or text you. because you will miss it. Just sit quietly and wait. Maybe you can play tiddlywinks.

Anyway, they didn't just screw us with this stupid DND implementation, which all the sycophants are lauding as a wonderful "feature", but they screwed it up so that it doesn't even turn off or acts super flaky in other ways.

No, this is not a joke. I rolled back to Marshmallow, until these clowns either put in a switch to disable this "feature" or remove it completely.
See this link.
https://code.google.com/p/android/i...tars Reporter Opened&groupby=&sort=&id=226328

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen on my Nexus 6P as well -- on the occasions where DND remains on after the call is finished, it says in the notification panel that Android Wear turned DND on. I wonder if this is common to all who are experiencing this issue, or just a subset of users.

baddmann

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list. Except I joined the Beta program to see if it would help. Beta 7.1.2 still does it.

Nexus 6p with Moto 360 2nd gen.
DND turns on when I start a call and does not always turn off. When I check it, the message is "DND, Android wear"

Jonathan Nagy

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Same issue with Nexus 5X. I will find DND randomly turned on throughout the day. After I started noticing the problem, I set up a weeknight rule, because, well, its a decent feature and probably it couldn't make it worse. It comes on at night as expected, but also at random times maybe once or twice a week. I have bad signal coverage at work, so failed incoming calls might have something to do with it.

DavidELang

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I've been running into the same problem, nexus 6 with a pebble.

I just went in and configured the DnD priority-only mode to allow calls and texts from anyone.

I hope that will keep me from continuing to miss calls

I also found that google vr services had permission to manipulate DnD status. I disabled that as well

DeepuD_84

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
Guys, Try this.

Go to Settings -->Scroll down to "System UI Tuner" --> "Do Not Disturb" & Uncheck both options. It worked for me (Nexus 6 on 7.1.1). The 2 options that I see there & unchecked are:- "Show with Volume Controls" & "Volume Buttons Shortcut".

Hope this helps everyone, Cheers!