Selfie pics now mirrored

bdb23

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Within the last day, my selfie shots with the front facing camera. Is this an update problem or a setting problem? I liked the fact that shots didn't get mirrored but now they are.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain what you mean by 'mirrored'?

This: quote from internet.
"When we see our image in the mirror (or the front facing camera before clicking a selfie), it is flipped. Flipped in the sense that when we raise OUR LEFT hand, the image raises ITS RIGHT hand.
So, how WE see OURSELVES in the mirror is not the way anyone else sees us.
Think about the above statement for a while."

As an experiment do that yourself (in front of a mirror), then take a selfie using the same pose; notice the image on the screen; then check the picture in photos.
I am on 7.1.1 & could not find a setting in photos or camera apps concerning this. I am sure there is another camera or a photo editing app that can change this.
The flipping of pictures/or not, using the front camera with written text can be a problem (think skype)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that I'm really not sure what the complaint is all about (inasmuch as it purports to be 'new' problem). I grabbed the four different devices that I have access to, raised my left arm, took a selfie and then looked at the resulting photo and every one of them shows a picture of me with my left arm raised:
- Nexus 6P (7.1.1)
- Nexus 7 2013 (6.0.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.2)
- iPhone 7 (10.whatever)
Perhaps I'm just dense...

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I took one with both sides (front/back) of my 6P, just curious, and it looks right to me too, they're the same.

Then I grabbed something with writing on it, and took a selfie, and my writing was NOT reversed, it was perfectly readable.
However, in the selfie image (before exposure), the writing was reversed, so that was sort of odd, I admit.

Maybe you're referring to the selfie pre-exposure behavior, in the Skype/Video example?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam