Nexus 6P and Straight Talk?

mikefour77

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So right now, I am on Project Fi and I do love the service, but I have been researching some other options and came across Straight Talk, so I wanted to ask if anyone has used the 6P on a Straight Talk plan?

From what I can gather from their website, I would be using an ATT sim for service and I live in the Boston area.

Any information is appreciated!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I almost did straight talk but I had several people who knew the industry far better than I do recommend Cricket. So I've been with them for a few months now and my service on both my devices 6p and Honor 8 have been perfect. One thing to keep in mind that I did not know is each provider, or I know at least cricket obly offers a hot spot on selected devices if you have your own unlocked device. If you have a Cricket device then hot spot you get. I've not missed my hot spot but I still wanted to at least have the option for it. Iphone and Samsung seemed to be the devices that you can purchase hot spot data for. Still, crickets service has been even better than Verizon. Flawless so far. I can confirm the 6p works perfect with cricket. I can't see how it would not with straight talk. My research lead me to find Cricket was the superior provider of the two.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
If you are looking for GSM/4G LTE take a look at H2owireless. They are also an AT&T reseller. Been with them over a year and no problems. Their unused data rolls over each month to a 5GB ceiling.

Munter2

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I had straight talk for a long time, but not on the 6P. I switched to https://www.cricketwireless.com/ a year ago and it has worked great on the 6P ever since. They have cheaper plans if you add in autopay. Cricket also uses the ATT network.
Except they throttle speeds to 8 mbps down which would be OK, but at least where I'm at I am lucky to see 2 mbps. I've been on Cricket for over a year and their speeds and ping times just get worse and worse. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy, well maybe to the ex-wife. AT&T Go is a much better option which if I wasn't so lazy I would already have switched to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan