7.1.1 for the Nexus 6P on Verizon

ModernTenshi04

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I enrolled in the beta program.last night to see if I'd get the update and I did.

How do I tell if this is the final version for Verizon phones so I can unenroll and not have to wipe my phone?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I enrolled in the beta program.last night to see if I'd get the update and I did.

How do I tell if this is the final version for Verizon phones so I can unenroll and not have to wipe my phone?

Go to settings, about phone and check the build number. If it is NPF26F it is DP2. If it is NMF26F then that is the current 7.1.1 official release. It is not approved for Verizon users.

rticknor

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and my 6P has not given me the OTA for 7.1.1 yet... but Last night, I received the 7.0 December security update (35 megs).

Do we know what's holding up 7.1.1 on Verizon?

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and my 6P has not given me the OTA for 7.1.1 yet... but Last night, I received the 7.0 December security update (35 megs).

Do we know what's holding up 7.1.1 on Verizon?

I also got the 7.0 December update this morning I thought the point of an unlocked nexus was that there wouldn't be these types of issues I hate Verizon with a passion and almost wish they'd kick me off unlimited so I could have a solid reason to leave but alas I'll keep putting up with their sh*t until unlimited is taken from me once and for all.

rticknor

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I also got the 7.0 December update this morning I thought the point of an unlocked nexus was that there wouldn't be these types of issues I hate Verizon with a passion and almost wish they'd kick me off unlimited so I could have a solid reason to leave but alas I'll keep putting up with their sh*t until unlimited is taken from me once and for all.

I'm in the exact same boat... As soon as Verizon does anything to my unlimited data, I'm switching to Google Fi

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Only thing that pisses me off about this is the complete lack of transparency. I mean Jeebus, just tell us what's going on. If there are problems and they're working to fix them - fine. No problem. Chit happens. Just tell us. We'll be more patient knowing than not knowing. Instead every time there's a release delay Google hides behind a wall of silence, letting their users twist in the winds of speculation and uncertainty. That blows.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the December update a few days ago... I would really like to know why the update is delayed. Currently on build NBD91V.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I find peculiar about this Verizon 7.1.1. debacle is that the Dec security update build we are seeing (NBD91V) isn't listed anywhere on Google's factory or OTA images pages. All issued builds are listed there prior to this one, but this one is nowhere to be found.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a VZW person, and I've happily been on the developer preview program running 7.1.1 while waiting for the official 7.1.1 update to arrive via OTA. Well, I just got the notification. The download was 26 MB, and it installed very quickly. I didn't get the developer preview prompt after I rebooted. My build number now shows as NMF26F, and security patch level is December 5, 2016.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Rumor has it, you can bail on the dev preview without wiping now that we're at the stable build. Anybody verify that?

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm a VZW person, and I've happily been on the developer preview program running 7.1.1 while waiting for the official 7.1.1 update to arrive via OTA. Well, I just got the notification. The download was 26 MB, and it installed very quickly. I didn't get the developer preview prompt after I rebooted. My build number now shows as NMF26F, and security patch level is December 5, 2016.
Same here. Received it about 5 minutes ago.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I just took a big gulp and hit unenroll about 2 minutes ago. I found an Android page that discusses it a little and verified it. No problems here.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had un-enrolled from the beta back when the final release of 7.0.0 was released. I stopped getting updates after that, and was still on the August security patch in October when I re-enrolled.

I don't particularly mind whether I'm on beta or not, just as long as the updates roll out regularly. I'd be interested to see if those who un-enroll now get the January update. If so I may consider un-enrolling when I confirm that my build number matches the public release

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463