Charging?? On 7.1.1

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That is weird.

Try this: power your phone off (turn on, hold the power button for several seconds, tap Power Off), then plug in the charger for several hours or overnight to reach a full charge.

Power the phone on and use normally. The next time you plug in the charger, see if it reports a more rational "xx hours until full".

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been seeing this since going to 7.1.1 beta, and still am.

Sometimes I'll plug in, say I'm at 72%, for example. Often, if I check back in 10-15 minutes, I'm down to about 10% or so lower, say 63% or so.
Then, maybe 5 minutes later I'm back at the 70's, say 73%, and then boom, 5-10 minutes more, 100%, weird, eh?

This has been fairly common, almost every time I charge now, if I'm watching, I see this. I sort of wonder if there's some Pixel charge-calculation code in-play, accidentally, that's hosing things...

Nehemoth

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, my problems in this regards are as follows.

Until today I didn't realize the connection between Nougat and My N6P charging problems, I'm in the beta program so my problems began like a month ago or so.

First I realized that sometimes my phone wouldn't charge when connected to the wall charger, I almost never charge with another method different than this. Of course my first instinct was to check the USB-C cable, it charged just fine but the issue appears again, change the cable and everything worked like a charm, then obviously the problem returned.

At that point I chatted with Huawei support, I was wondering if they're could replace the charger, they're told me that for that I must send the old one to them, but I declined.

Anyways, I was chatting with Miles S and he told me that he has a trick that works. The trick was to leave the power button press for exactly 30 seconds, then connect the power and press the power button for 30 seconds more, I did it and it works, but as expected the problem returned the next day.

So I went to Amazon and bought a new charger, arrived and worked like a charm the first time, the second time the charger wasn't even recognize. The same of course happened to the one that came with the phone too. At that point I realized something, this only ocurrs when you are using a USB-C charger, I haven't had a single problem when using an USB 2.0 with an USB-C Adapter.

I went to google and there are a lot of people with this problems. I was thinking about to send my phone for warranty but I don't have a second phone and as I don't know if I would receive a new device, instead of a refurbished one as when you buy from Google Store, I will wait.

Hope this help someone

gonzalezjrjesse

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I've also been having problems for a few months now with regards to charging.
View attachment 248785

This is what it should look like while charging indicating on the bottom and the lightning bolt on the battery icon on the top right that it is indeed charging.

But ever since the beta for 7.1.1 its been doing this thing where even though the phone is connected it no longer shows that its charging on the bottom but still has the little lighting bolt on the battery icon. It also stops charging completely.
View attachment 248786

It even drains my battery. I'll have it charging overnight and when I wake up the phone is only at 50-70% it has become sort of rare that it gets a full charge overnight. Have any of you guys experienced this? If so have you had any luck on solutions?

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
After the update my phone charges quicker 1.5 to 2 hours to a full charge. It holds a charge longer then before.

James Lyons

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same exact issue. I sideloaded 7.1.1 this past weekend and have not received a full charge overnight. My graph looks like this in the AM: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I am charging with the stock block and cable. I can charge at work with some old cable from like an LG or something and it charges fine. Could it be an issue with quick charge?

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
You may want to download the app Ampere on the play store. It will let you see how the phone is charging. It will let you see the Ampere rate at which it is charging. Make sure you are using a good cord that is at least rated to handle 2 amps. You may also want to completely discharge the battery and then recharge with a OEM charger AND CORD.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been on and off the beta a couple of times. I haven't seen anything like this. I'm glad my phone isn't taking an estimated 3 days to fully charge :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith