Different DPI for status bar: does this requires rooting?

dfvx990mq321pl

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to have different DPI setting for the status/notification bar than the rest of the screen. I find that I like the small DPI setting for the overall screen, but it makes the status bar too small to comfortably read. Would this be possible by rooting my device? I'd rather not root my device but I'd be willing to do it to overcome this issue.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to have different DPI setting for the status/notification bar than the rest of the screen. I find that I like the small DPI setting for the overall screen, but it makes the status bar too small to comfortably read. Would this be possible by rooting my device? I'd rather not root my device but I'd be willing to do it to overcome this issue.
Unfortunately, I don't think that it's possible.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know the feeling. I Made my phone settings soo small, it was unreadable and unusable to everyone else. I changed it back to stock.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would this be possible by rooting my device? I'd rather not root my device but I'd be willing to do it to overcome this issue.
You'd have to check the mod community over on XDA to see if anyone has written something like this. It would certainly require root if someone has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles