Google warranty on replacement 6p

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I received a replacement 6P on the 21/10/16 for my originally purchased 6P the was originally bought on the 6/11/15 due to the original 6P developing a bulge at the power button. Now the replacement had just developed the same problem.
My question is, what warranty does my replacement 6P have? A full 12 months or does it have none now the original 6P had passed its purchase date?

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
If you're in the EU you've possibly got a 2 year warranty. I've just ordered a replacement. Different issues but similar timing. I received my first 6p back in November 2015.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
If you're in the EU you've possibly got a 2 year warranty. I've just ordered a replacement. Different issues but similar timing. I received my first 6p back in November 2015.

Thanks for the update. I'll give then a call to see what they can do.
What was the issue with your 6P?

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Shut down at 50%+ battery and then when restarted still said 18%. Call quality wasn't great apparently (ok my end) and compass didn't work. All recent problems. I rang expecting factory reset (again) and all sorts of hassle but was on phone 3 mins tops and had phone within 36 hours.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Shut down at 50%+ battery and then when restarted still said 18%. Call quality wasn't great apparently (ok my end) and compass didn't work. All recent problems. I rang expecting factory reset (again) and all sorts of hassle but was on phone 3 mins tops and had phone within 36 hours.

That was a quick turn around.
I requested a call yesterday evening. It said 1 minute wait never got a call. Tried a couple more times. Ended up doing the chat option. Long story short. They offered a replacement phone but I asked if I could get a refund as it would be the 3rd replacement is had. Support escalated it to see if they'll refund me.
If they do I'd like to buy the pixel xl although it's expensive! In saying that it's not available to but on Google's Irish play store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae