Has Anyone on Verizon Gotten the 7.1.1 OTA Push Yet?

segler

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Got tired of waiting, and sideloaded the J file that has the Jan 5 security update.

That is all fine, but I'm really tired of fighting the usb drivers in recovery mode. Both of my windows machines and my linux box lose the adb connection as soon as you do "adb reboot recovery".

It took complete uninstalls of the android sdk and reinstalls to get google usb drivers that would work. Good grief.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got tired of waiting, and sideloaded the J file that has the Jan 5 security update.

That is all fine, but I'm really tired of fighting the usb drivers in recovery mode. Both of my windows machines and my linux box lose the adb connection as soon as you do "adb reboot recovery".

It took complete uninstalls of the android sdk and reinstalls to get google usb drivers that would work. Good grief.

And that's the reason I and some others aren't comfortable doing that. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous, but I wouldn't be comfortable side loading the update.

By the way, I'm still on 7.0 and December 5 security patch. Called Google several times (at an hour+ each time) and the sessions ranged from completely useless to adequate. But they still have no answer on why I haven't gotten it and tell me to be patient. Someone was supposed to call me back the same day I called last time, that was Friday, today is Monday. Starting to lose faith in Google's stellar support. Maybe that only applies to current year hardware.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I also had issues with loosing the driver when in Recovery Mode and what worked for me what instead of selecting the "apply update from ADB" I wiped the cache partition and when I did that and it went back into recovery mode the drivers popped-up. And like I said in another thread, having customer sideload the build is a completely unacceptable solution to this problem. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that 99.9% of the public would want or can go thru that procedure to get the update.

segler

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting theory on the other thread. If you got the V update via ota, you got 7.0 with the December security update. Note that this file is not included in the ota website. Kindof an orphan.

The theory is that google somehow does not know that your V version is available for the I or J ota to 7.1.1.

Thus, you won't get the J update until google senses your V.

Or google is still helping verizon sell pixels.

segler

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the Verizon 7.1.1 Feb ota pushed, but only after taking the bull by the horn and sideloading the Jan 7.1.1 J build.

If you are on the Verizon 7.0.0 V build, I think you're stuck there. Google does not sense your phone because the V build is not listed on their ota webpage.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I received the update this morning 2/8. Everything is working great and the visual voicemail is also working.

THANK YOU for mentioning visual voicemail. I also got the 7.1.1 upgrade 2/8 followed by the February update on 2/9. I poked around a bit, but didn't notice anything different really, but I never went into the phone. I have VV now, too (about damn time - I bought the phone when it first came out.) ;)

Although, I had a phone app update earlier in the week, and I noticed the interface was somewhat different after that, including the in-call options. Didn't check the voicemail tab then, either, so not sure when this happened. Just glad to have VV again.

One other thing that I mentioned in another thread. I initially had a problem with Daydream, but that resolved. However, in looking into that issue, I discovered that I can no longer find the control for Daydream. It's no longer under the Display setting in the Settings menu. Can anyone point me in the right direction? No issue, I'm more just curious where it went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca