Nexus 6P Update

Rob Dash

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
1st timer to Q&A. Still on 7.0 with Dec 5th Security Patch. Have been checking just about every day for updates since the New Year. No new updates. Carrier is Verizon. Any suggestion. Really don't want to enrolled in the Beta Program.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
1st timer to Q&A. Still on 7.0 with Dec 5th Security Patch. Have been checking just about every day for updates since the New Year. No new updates. Carrier is Verizon. Any suggestion. Really don't want to enrolled in the Beta Program.

I think your best bet is to sideload. I'm not going to get into the debate over whether it's good or bad that the actual over the air updates aren't occurring as regularly or as predictably as we'd like. I just think sideloading is your quickest, surest option for getting updates just as soon as they're available.

Here are instructions: https://www..androidcentral.com/how-manually-upgrade-your-nexus

I recommend skipping the section on unlocking the bootloader. Just head straight down to the instructions for sideloading the OTA.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd agree with the previous poster - the least disruptive way is to sideload an OTA build, which will leave your data/setup intact.

Or you could backup whatever is important, load the full build (wipe the system cache while you're at it) and setup as new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay