Beta 7.1.2 (NPG05F) is Out

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I found on xda devlopers site:
"Google says the update is focused on refinements and it includes a lot of bugfixes as well as many under-the-hood optimizations."
Later on in the article it says "The update changelog has not yet been disclosed by Google, though a release note posted on the Android Developers site for the Android 7.1.2 update outlines some of the known bugs in the beta update. That include Quick Settings issue on the Pixel C, occasional UI hangs, WiFi stability issues, screen turning black during the transition from boot animation to setup wizard and more.

As for when we will see the final release, Google says they’re expecting to release final build of Android 7.1.2 in “next couple of months.”

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got 7.1.2 beta on my Nexus 6p. Things appear to be normal and just as good as everyone else says on here as well. No fingerprints wipe down gesture from the pixel though. That is one thing that I was looking forward to. I wonder why the Nexus 6p doesn't have it yet the 5x has it. Something doesn't make sense here.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought Google said the finger print swipe could not be done because of hardware, but I also was thinking someone got it to work flashing one of the pixel images but I'm not for sure.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
7.1.2 on my N6P here in the UK and all seems fine

Not tried it with Bluetooth yet in either of my cars, but I'm sure it'll be fine as other folk aren't reporting any issues

Will have to see how Poweramp goes; when I first installed it I had all sorts of issues. But not sure if that was 7.1.1 or the app itself

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I thought Google said the finger print swipe could not be done because of hardware, but I also was thinking someone got it to work flashing one of the pixel images but I'm not for sure.
It's on the 5X and I'm sure they both have the same sensor, made by Fingerprint Cards. Can't see why it would work on one & not the other.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's on the 5X and I'm sure they both have the same sensor, made by Fingerprint Cards. Can't see why it would work on one & not the other.
I agree with you, I really do. All phone's speaking of 5x, 6p, and the pixel phones all use the same fingerprint scanner Hardware. This doesn't make sense. I mean there's not a deal-breaker or a big deal but it would have been a nice feature to have. Regardless though nougat 7.1.2 beta on the 6p is running smooth as ever.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I've had on my Pixel that past.. month or so on the beta is if you go to settings, WiFi, advanced it crashes settings.

There may be one more issue I found but to be honest..I can't recall right now haha.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but twice in two days my phone just dialed someone from my contact list. It's never happened before but it has occurred since installing the latest beta yesterday. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but twice in two days my phone just dialed someone from my contact list. It's never happened before but it has occurred since installing the latest beta yesterday. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this...
Possibly just coincidental.
The only issue I've had on my Pixel that past.. month or so on the beta is if you go to settings, WiFi, advanced it crashes settings.

There may be one more issue I found but to be honest..I can't recall right now haha.
I just tried my 6P and wifi advanced settings is fine. I still have my screen brightness issue still, but it is what it is. Everything feels very smooth.