Any 6P users got the Google Assistant update yet?

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, just wondering if any 6P users have gotten the Google Assistant update yet? I'm getting more curious about how I might or might not like it the more I wait/think about it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, just wondering if any 6P users have gotten the Google Assistant update yet? I'm getting more curious about how I might or might not like it the more I wait/think about it.
No, sorry, not yet. On my 6p, I am currently running nougat 7.1.2 which is bulletproof stable once again. Battery life is pretty darn good / phenomenal and memory usages awesome and smoothness throughout the OS is perfect. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel as though multi-window mode is much improved as well. And runs smoother and again more seamlessly and reliably. And Google Now voice recognition seems to be more reliable for voice feedback to.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Been wondering about that myself also, especially since it's (supposedly?) rolling out this week, but I don't know of anyone who has gotten it yet...

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I keep checking for a "Google" app update. I'm thinking that the switch to Assistant may be coded in the update. Then again, I thought I might have read that the current Google app has some text coded to the affect of saying, "congratulations, you now have Google Assistant." Either way, I can't wait.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I came here to ask the same thing. I keep getting lots of other updates for other google apps, but not for THE Google App.

Actually... I read it was to be rolled out via Play Services.
But isn't that the same thing? Doesn't that just mean that it will be updated via Google Play? It will still be an update to the Google app.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I came here to ask the same thing. I keep getting lots of other updates for other google apps, but not for THE Google App.

But isn't that the same thing? Doesn't that just mean that it will be updated via Google Play? It will still be an update to the Google app.
Yes, and I'm enrolled in the Google app beta version as well.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So I check the Play Store and I see there's an update for the Google app. I'm excited because I'm thinking this must be the update to Google Assistant. It updates aaaaaaaaand it's still the regular Google app. Am I missing something (good chance I am, but...)?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I seem to recall reading that it gets enabled on the server side, hence the "rolled out through Play Services". Play Services is the framework that underpins much of how the Google apps work.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I seem to recall reading that it gets enabled on the server side, hence the "rolled out through Play Services". Play Services is the framework that underpins much of how the Google apps work.
That makes perfect sense as well. NO need to look for updates via play store.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh, okay, thanks (says the not so technically savvy guy)...

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it has to be done on the server side or requires an update to Google play services. As of now I have the most up-to-date version of play services and just downloaded the update for the Google App. I've cleared cache restarted and have nothing new @ all so I'm back to just waiting for Google to get around to us lowly 6p users.

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm running both beta versions of the Google app and Play services. Still no Assistant. Patiently waiting as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith