Any 6P users got the Google Assistant update yet?

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling that so far, all those that have received the GA update, are US based? Has anyone in the UK had it yet?
You're correct. So far it has been U.S. only. Not sure the timeline for other countries.

From pcmag.com: "The update will first roll out to users in the US, followed by those in Australia, Canada and the UK. The rest of the world will have to wait as the Assistant doesn’t support local languages other that English yet."

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Assistant so far is a bit of a downgrade. I tried "OK Google, what song is this" earlier and got "I don't do that yet". However, it WILL unlock for me now, using trusted voice so I guess those 2 differences offset each other.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Assistant so far is a bit of a downgrade. I tried "OK Google, what song is this" earlier and got "I don't do that yet". However, it WILL unlock for me now, using trusted voice so I guess those 2 differences offset each other.
Yeah, I tried that before too, and it won't recognize that but it also my opinion the Google Sound Search is slower recognizing the Shazam is. I know Shazam which is perfectly fine. I swear the Google assistant is faster providing results and is more interactive to use in general.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The rollout was supposed to start in Canada on March 7th

I got it on my Nexus 6P here in Ontario a few days ago so that sounds about right.

Overall, I don't find it very helpful. If I was able to text chat than I'd like it a lot more, I use it just like on tap...The difference now is I have to pull up the results under the assistant which doesn't do much for me.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got it on my Nexus 6P here in Ontario a few days ago so that sounds about right.

Overall, I don't find it very helpful. If I was able to text chat than I'd like it a lot more, I use it just like on tap...The difference now is I have to pull up the results under the assistant which doesn't do much for me.

Thanks for the heads up. Couple people I work with got it as well Nexus 6P as well.

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Update...

I'll admit, I was a little skeptical about changing the language, (yeah I know, it's just me though ha ha) but yes, worked perfectly.

I changed the language, and it was immediately available, no restart needed. I changed the language back to English UK and it's still available.

I'm in the UK, on Vodafone if it helps anyone. :)

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to stop the Set up Trusted Voice notification that pops up every few days? How do I permanently say "no thanks?" TIA

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
There have been several reports on the web regarding Google Assistant disappearing from Nexus 6p and reverting back to Screen search function. I'm one of them.. I'm not sure if it is Google server side issue, or it is that I'm in Japan at the moment and maybe not supported here.... Strange. My language settings still says English US

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
How about language restrictions? I heared, that the Assistant won't come on phones which are not set to english language??

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae