VOLTE Stopped Working On Nexus 6P - TMO 7.1.1 Feb

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Recently (sometime in the last couple weeks - I've been out of town so it's hard to say) VOLTE stopped working on my 6P using TMO. This is not just in one area, and other devices around me have VOLTE working without issue.

The only things that have changed in the last couple weeks would be the installation of the Feb security update to 7.1.1 and the use of a Fi SIM for a time. To be clear, I currently use, and usually use a TMO SIM, but sometimes use Fi while out of the country.

I've verified of course that the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode setting is enabled, toggled it on and off, power cycled, removed and reinserted the SIM, and had TMO reprovision the SIM.

This is far more annoying than it sounds once you're used to being able to transition on/off WiFi Calling w/o issue, and b/c I use tethering and voice simultaneously for work.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

BH

Update - possibly resolved

After concluding that the only thing that had changed was the use of my Fi SIM, which we know does things a bit crazy w/ the device's radio stack, I thought I'd go back to working on that angle.

I switched to the Fi SIM, ran the repair shortcode (which took quite some time), then powered down the phone and changed back to the TMO SIM. So far it seems to be working, as bizarre as that seems. We'll see if it sticks.

Last edited:

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
You just needed a factory reset, adding a fi sim, google made it do some backend stuff in the os where it changes the radio activity, and adds certain system apps for fi use seamlessly

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched from Verizon to TMO on my 6P and have noticed I've lost HD calling when calling another VZW line. Is this normal or to be expected when switching carriers? Call quality has dropped very noticeably.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt