Here we go again.... AZ doesn't have DST but the phone sprung forward - it's not my carrier

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty much left my 6P behind for a Mate 9 but I still own it and turn it on every once in a while to keep it up to date. I did so today and got the March 5 update.

I also noticed the time had changed. It jumped forward an hour.

I used to think this was a carrier issue. Now that I have a phone with no SIM card that did it, it's not the carrier.

My friend with a 5X noticed the same this morning.

I can't believe it is so hard for Google to realize that most of the state of Arizona and the few other places don't practice the archaic ritual of moving clocks back and forth twice a year.

For the record... my Mate 9 looked like it was going to do the same when, a few weeks ago, I checked some appointments in late March. They had all jumped forward. It was fixed before today.

Turned off automatic time zone. I travel. Just a little annoyance. Had to vent.

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Surely that's got to be location settings. I know done timezones have multiple locations, so you need to be 100% sure you're on the right one.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Surely that's got to be location settings. I know done timezones have multiple locations, so you need to be 100% sure you're on the right one.

I'm not sure which setting you are referring to. Automatic zone and time were set. When I shut them off and picked the zone with the right deduction from GMT, it was fine. No Arizona option like many electronics.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Something very wierd happened yesterday too for me in AZ. All our phones jumped an hour in time, my HTC 10, nexus 6p, iphones 6s, pixel xl, note 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also had to go into Settings -> Date & time and turn off 'Automatic time zone' and then in 'Select time zone' I had to choose 'Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)' rather than the default 'Mountain Daylight Time (GMT - 6).

You'd think Google could get this right.

But, hey, Alexa had problems the night of the time change so go figure.
Y2K all over again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699