d'oh -- 6P died

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, my 6P just died. I had just opened a password-protected PDF from my accountant, and it rebooted on its own -- and then kept rebooting. Would never get past the Google logo. I could actually get to the bootloader, but selecting Recovery would just bring me back to the endless Google logo. I had never unlocked the bootloader, so I also can't use ADB commands or reflash the ROM. Sooooo -- filed a claim with Nexus Protect, paid $79, and hopefully will get my replacement in a few days.

Fortunately, I didn't have anything really important that was saved only locally on the phone -- everything had already been backed up or synced somewhere, praise be to Google.;)

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ouch.

Glad you had the Nexus Protect. Hearing some of these stories makes me really, really glad that I decided to go with it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ouch well like you said good to know nothing really important on it and you had Nexus protect.

We keep hearing more and more about this happening...What used to be LG going into bootloop, I see more posts coming up about other devices, including this device. Any idea why it happened? It's odd how androids are just starting to randomly die off...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Difficult to say if there's a big enough sample size. Like any issue, you only tend to hear from people when it happens to them, not when it doesn't happen. The LG bootloop issues are relatively common threads here, but I haven't run across many Nexus 6P issues like this one. Hopefully it's just a sporadic occurrence!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang