Battery health

alexmartins

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I bought an used Nexus 6p. This is the battery health, should I expect better or is it normal for a one and a half year old device?

Attachments

• 1212.jpg
    1212.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 56

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Near 25% is pretty high. I recently had my battery replaced and I was at around 90%. But that could just mean the owner had some bad habits. If you can find a shop that knows what they are doing, it's worth replacing the battery.

That much of drop is going to impact usage quite a bit.

alexmartins

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Near 25% is pretty high. I recently had my battery replaced and I was at around 90%. But that could just mean the owner had some bad habits. If you can find a shop that knows what they are doing, it's worth replacing the battery.

Thanks again!

alexmartins

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site

Do you think that it's ok to buy a battery through eBay? Any recommendations?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
eBay is tricky... There's a lot of junk batteries passed off as top quality. Stick with reputable sellers.

If I had the time, I would have picked up a reppacement kit from iFixit and tracked down a trusted battery source and done it myself. But I picked a repair shop... Battery is sound now, but they scratched the frame up in a few spots that are hidden by the case I use, so whatever... At least I got a full capacity cell in the now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang