Android O beta?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using the Android O beta yet. I'll probably wait until dev preview 2 or 3, but for now I wanted to see what people think of Android O so far.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... looks like they are going to treat the O DP like the M.... manual download only and none of the wide audience OTA buy ins that N had. Maybe once 7.1.2 goes live and they have a more polished preview build of O.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not OTA at this point, I know. But presumably some of the later builds will be on the beta program, so enrollment will probably be easier in a couple of months.

Just curious what people think of the first dev preview and what new features are good (or bad).

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try to wait a week or so to see how it goes with everyone else if I can... I'm always so impatient, so I may pull the trigger sooner. This is my daily driver, so it's got to work mostly. Some buggy is okay.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My 6P is not my daily driver, but I installed the O beta about 5 hours ago, and the only strange behavior that I've seen is that the phone seems to be treating my Project Fi SIM as a T-Mobile only SIM. Even restarting the phone hasn't changed that. I may have to try clearing the cache and data from the Fi app to see if I get a response.

EDIT: I take it all back. I powered off and back on, and the Fi SIM went through it's usual activation steps. So now, the 6P is just working like any other phone. I just wish its WiFi setup was as good as my Nexus 6's (but weak WiFi reception was true well before any version of O was installed on this phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol