Nexus 7 screen: yellow colour cast.

volumetric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
As you may have read from my "Washed Out Screen" thread im Kinda obsessed with the N7 screen, it has now come to my attention that my N7 screen has quite a considerable yellow colour cast,obviously this will make white's' well, not white,this has raised the questions, is this common to the N7, could there be similar issues but different colours.
So I found a free app called Screen Adjuster, it has a Red Green and Blue slider(0-80) you can adjust to tweak your screen just the way you like it, I found that by moving the blue slider,which is the opposite colour to my naughty screen cast yellow,to 8 or 9, I was able to achieve white whites as apposed to a dirty kinda brown white.

the app also has a brightness and contrast slider, the contrast slider is useless as by increasing the contrast you wash out the colours which we do not want ;)

also try "Filter Your Screen" its a bit more involved but will help with any colour cast you have.

hope you found this useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatboy29m

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
WOW I didn't even notice the problem even though I was LOOKING for it then I downloaded that app to see what all the fuss was about and slid the blue just slightly up and it looks a TON better thanks

EDIT:Weirdly when this app is running it won't let you install .apks so you have to turn it off install your apk (and notice how horrible it looks when it's not on) and then turn it back on thanks to gbrown2036 for the tip

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463