- 59 Posts
Rooted - Can't install apps or app updates nor 4.2 update
I may have a unique issue, but I hope not because I can't resolve it
My Nexus 7 is rooted, but just a root, no custom ROM ever installed, I only rooted to be able to connect a USB thumb drive.
When the 4.2 updates was pushed out and it got to my device it asked to reboot which it did but 4.2 did not install, I am still on 4.1.2, BUT ever since then my apps will not update, I can't install any new apps and I cannot get into Recovery Mode to sideload the 4.2 update using adb.
When I attempt to get into Recovery Mode, the tablet will just boot back to normal. Here are the steps I have taken to try to boot to recovery with no luck.
1. USB Tethering (enabled)
2. Power down
3. Hold down Power+Vol Up+ Vol Down (boots to Android with stomach open)
4. Plug in USB cable to Nexus 7 (cable is connected to PC first)
5. Use arrow keys to switch to Recovery Mode
6. Press Power button to boot into Recovery
Like I said above these steps, this just causes the Nexus 7 to boot into regular Android 4.1.2.
Has anyone run across this or know a way to fix my issues with apps updating or updating to 4.2? Thanks!
- 11-19-2012, 12:46 PM #3
- 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM #4
- By rlanza1054 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
- By hanly2 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
- By 66racer in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
- By Moviecouple in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2010, 09:30 AM
- By sveilien in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 18Last Post: 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM