- 10 Posts
I how I'm in the correct forum.
I guess my Google-fu is weak...
When I connect my N7 to my win 7 box and check the properties in file manager, it says " generic hierarchical".
Is this some variant of Linux ext*?. If so, how is windows able to access it?
Inquiring minds want to know?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM #2
- 225 Posts
Re: Android filesystem
The Nexus 7 does use ext4, but when connected to a computer it uses the MTP protocol to enable access to the filesystem rather than letting the computer mount it directly.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM #4
- By michaelmanna in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 27Last Post: 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
- By CNevius in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM
- By chuazy in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 11-24-2009, 06:04 AM
- By joeperrin2121 in forum Market HelpReplies: 5Last Post: 09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
- By ericdroid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM