- 141 Posts
think i am ready to root
wouldnt let a fly touch my n7 but now im ready to get messy - kinda...
just want to do a simple root, dont care about bootloader unlocking or changing the stock recovery....currently on 4.2.1 and just did a factory reset.
I have been hearing a lot about this 'nexus 7 toolkit' you can download that roots it for you really quick and easy....will that work with what I have?
The biggest thing i am scared about rooting is that I hear a lot of people are having an issue where the battery dies and the n7 never turns on again.
- 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM #2
- 119 Posts
Re: think i am ready to root
Really rooting is super easy and shouldn't cause you any problems BUT you will need to be careful and always make a backup before you change any system files as you can soft brick your nexus, now you WILL have to unlock your bootloader and I would say do it manually it'll help for future reference and show you how to use a few things anyways you will need adb and the superuser package (Google them both) and drivers (Google universal naked driver) follow the rooting guides also which will help it's only a few commands and it's super easy also at the end when it asks if you want to keep clockworkmod tell it no if you want to receive updates but if you don't care to simply flash them yourself then tell it yes hope this helps also if you need help refer to this [VIDEO] Unlock, Root, & Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- By Markctco in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 01-21-2012, 02:03 PM
- By InvertChaos in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
- By metroff1 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-2011, 12:18 AM
- By Cubfan in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 89Last Post: 09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
- By estebancam in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 08-16-2010, 03:48 PM