Nexus 9 Keyboard?

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
So there was this big fanfare of making a tablet that allows for work AND play but there's no sign of this amazing keyboard anywhere! Does anyone know of any release date or any other additional information other than it's 'coming soon'?

Posted via Android Central App

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So there was this big fanfare of making a tablet that allows for work AND play but there's no sign of this amazing keyboard anywhere! Does anyone know of any release date or any other additional information other than it's 'coming soon'?

I feel your pain... I am STILL waiting for the "Sand" color to become available. All I get is "Coming Soon" for its release. I can't understand why HTC/Google/Play Store cannot give us an ETA as to when these things are going to be available. I wonder if they are testing the waters to see how well the "black" and "white" tablets sell prior to releasing the alternate color and the accessories. Gotta admit, lack of information is making me not want to purchase the N9.

J

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off-topic here... but it has to do with keyboards. I have been using the Logitech K480 bluetooth keyboard. While not a case, it serves as a nice keyboard that has a built-in stand for tablets and smartphones.

I don't have any connection to Logitech, I just like the keyboard.

Chum

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Slightly off-topic here... but it has to do with keyboards. I have been using the Logitech K480 bluetooth keyboard. While not a case, it serves as a nice keyboard that has a built-in stand for tablets and smartphones.

I don't have any connection to Logitech, I just like the keyboard.

Chum

Cheers Chum I'll have a look into it ;)

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain... I am STILL waiting for the "Sand" color to become available. All I get is "Coming Soon" for its release. I can't understand why HTC/Google/Play Store cannot give us an ETA as to when these things are going to be available. I wonder if they are testing the waters to see how well the "black" and "white" tablets sell prior to releasing the alternate color and the accessories. Gotta admit, lack of information is making me not want to purchase the N9.

J

I think I would have bought that one if it was in stock but I couldn't be bothered waiting for it so I just went for the black one. I even wanted the LTE version but that's coming out 15th December so that was a no-go. I really don't understand why Google doesn't want it's customers to either know when a product will be released or release every variant of a product. I'm sure there was a delay last year, wasn't there?

No I don't think they're testing anything apart from our patience. It's really annoying and bad business. I don't blame you!

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow that K480 is amazing! Thanks for telling me about it! The green's a bit nasty but other than that it's an amazing bit of kit! Do you have one?

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I use the K480 and do have the black one. The yellow on it is not all that bad but they also have a white/gray one. I like how it can hold all my devices and easily switch to type on any of them.

I also have a bluetooth mouse and like how I can remote desktop from my N9 to my Windows computer and then use the mouse and keyboard... it is like a laptop setup :)

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the K480 as well. It's a great keyboard though not as portable as some people might like. I love that it can control 3 devices at a time. It's great for switching between control of my phone and my tablet at the flick of the switch. It also has some dedicated function buttons like volume, home, search, screenshot, etc, that I don't think the nexus keyboard case will have.

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Is it as heavy as all the reviews say it is? I was thinking of getting it for university which means I'd be carrying it around with me in a satchel style bag. I commute for an hour so I don't want something that will weigh me down. Or I suppose I could look at it as a way to lose weight lol

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't take the keyboard out of the house... I use it at my computer or will move it around from room to room at times.

Chum

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It weighs just under 2 pounds. You'll definitely notice it when carrying it in a bag, but it won't weigh you down Between the keyboard and the N9, they combine to weigh about as much as a very light laptop.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Another Logitech K480 user here. I find it a great accessory for the Nexus 9. I like the way it acts as a stand and the keys are well done.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the Microsoft Universal Keyboard when it was under $40 on Amazon (I believe it is now $56?). This thing kept my from putting the Nexus 9 up for sale and then buying the Chrome Pixel C. While it doesn't act as a cover, I have my Nexus 9 dBrand skinned on the back, with a Tempered Glass protector on the front. I dumped my case/cover I had, and now I focusing on buying a Google Chromebook Pixel 2 full loaded.

Definitely like the size, functionality and battery life of the Microsoft Keyboard. Best part is you can have it paired with Windows device (I have a Surface Pro 4), Apple products (in case my daughter wants to use it with her iPad Mini.

--- Posted via the Android Central App on my Google Project Fi network Nexus 6p ---