What are you upgrading from for the Droid Prime?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What will everyone getting the prime be upgrading from, also what will you be doing with your old device?

I will be upgrading from a DX2, and my old phone will be going to the local battered women's shelter so they can provide phones to women that need their services while getting out of an abusive relationships. I have donated every phone to them since my first track phone.

Droid Prime or Nexus Prime whichever name they decide to go with...

Last edited:
Reactions: milkshed27

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What will everyone getting the prime be upgrading from, also what will you be doing with your old device?

I will be upgrading from a DX2, and my old phone will be going to the local battered women's shelter so they can provide phones to women that need their services while getting out of an abusive relationships. I have donated every phone to them since my first track phone.

Good for you! I am swapping the thunderbolt which I traded my Droid x for. Can't wait to get rid of this overheating nightmare with a kickstand!

Sent from my ADR6400L

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Droid Prime?

It'll be called the Droid Prime on Verizon, the Nexus Prime on the other 3 carriers, with a month long Verizon exclusive. Just wanted to get that down in writing so that when I'm right, I have some proof ;)

Anyhoo, upgrading from an Evo 3d. Nice screen, but it's buggy, slow (for the specs) and the camera is a piece of garbage.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Droid X > Droid Bionic > Droid X >>>_______ Nexus or Nexus ______
BTW - I loved my 14 days with the Bionic, I just wanted to send the battery back but it was a package deal.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had an original Storm since day 1 of its release. Been able to upgrade since July of last year. Looks like I'll finally be able to upgrade soon enough. I don't care whether it is the initial specs given or the supposed specs given later that day, I'm upgrading to this phone and I'm sure I'll be happy.

I actually would have bought an S2 had it come to VZW.

J_calahan

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from the Palm Pre+. I really liked WebOS and was sad to see it scrapped. Right now im trying to decide whether to follow the sheep (I4s) or jump into android. I have an Ipad through work but honestly its steering me away from Apple more than anything. Anyone else from WebOS land that might give me your thoughts? Although I rooted my Pre with some help from PreCentral I don't consider myself a "techy". I'm just an average guy looking for a great phone that i won't be frustrated or bored with... Is the Prime for me?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from the Palm Pre+. I really liked WebOS and was sad to see it scrapped. Right now im trying to decide whether to follow the sheep (I4s) or jump into android. I have an Ipad through work but honestly its steering me away from Apple more than anything. Anyone else from WebOS land that might give me your thoughts? Although I rooted my Pre with some help from PreCentral I don't consider myself a "techy". I'm just an average guy looking for a great phone that i won't be frustrated or bored with... Is the Prime for me?

Yes....I recently switched from iOS to Android. It's so much better. iOS is so bland and boring...it's a glorified app launcher. Android is actually an OS that provides the user the ability to customize/do things other than launch apps.

Reactions: J_calahan

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Droid 2.

Still not sure on my transition to not having a physical keyboard, coming from BlackBerry to the D2, but it is hard for me to pass up this device on Verizon.

marrrio_

May 22, 2010
Visit site
gonna be upgrading from my NEXUS ONE (cm7.1)!! nexus one was a beast that changed the mobile industry.... i'm hoping the NEXUS PRIME does the same thing!!