Nexus S turned off durning the night & now will not turn back on! HELP!

sarrrMC

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
i went to bed with my Nexus S charging next to me. I woke up in the middle of the night to check it & it was off. i took the battery out a couple times & nothing.

Its been a whole day so far & whatever i do it wont turn on. I had to switch back to an old phone i used to use thats basically broke. this is so frustrating. I tried charging it, taking the battery out. NOTHING. has this happened to anyone? anyone know what i can or should do to fix it?

I updated to Jelly Bean maybe over a month ago so its not from updating the profile, please somene have some answers! thank youuu!:)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this happen to my phone yet, but its happened to my galaxy tab 3 or 4 times. I don't know if this will work on the phone like the tablet, and it sounds crazy....but try holding down the power button while you are touching the screen with one of your fingers. I don't mean with force, just touch it. Usually after about 20 seconds it comes back on. I have no idea how or why that works, but it does...at least for the tablets anyway.

Xy7

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
i went to bed with my Nexus S charging next to me. I woke up in the middle of the night to check it & it was off. i took the battery out a couple times & nothing.

Its been a whole day so far & whatever i do it wont turn on. I had to switch back to an old phone i used to use thats basically broke. this is so frustrating. I tried charging it, taking the battery out. NOTHING. has this happened to anyone? anyone know what i can or should do to fix it?

I updated to Jelly Bean maybe over a month ago so its not from updating the profile, please somene have some answers! thank youuu!:)
Same thing happened to me. My Nexus S randomly turned off and now won't turn on and is stuck on Google screen every time I try restarting. I have to take out the battery to restart again but it always gets stuck. Hard resetting hasn't helped either. I tried what's described in another post but the process didn't help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...065-phone-stuck-googles-logo.html#post2994007. My phone is not recognized by my computer so I can't do anything with it.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513