Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus S Case

Hi-

May be too early to find one - but is there a case out there that will fit the Nexus S, protecting it from damage while still keeping it fairly low-profile?

Thanks,
    S

There was the Platinum series cases offered by Best Buy. All other companies like Otterbox, Seidio, and CaseMate will be a few weeks to months after they get their hands on a phone.

The one that best buy was selling was 35$. I'm sure there will he better and cheaper cases within the next few weeks.

Better? Not so sure. It is made by Seidio for Best Buy "almost" exactly alike to the Innocase

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

My local Best Buy doesn't seem to have any in stock yet... also waiting for the gel cases to come out. Amazon has a few for preorder right now

Amazon.com: "Nexus S

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Yes best buy sells the platinum case! its ok I would not pay 35 bucks again if I could re do it. It has the mat finish so its very slippery in hand.

You could always do a full coverage invisible shield!

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you guys are looking for a case, just wait til the Android Central market has it in, support the site... plus they have quite a few quality brands. As soon as they get some in... I will be all over it.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    If you guys are looking for a case, just wait til the Android Central market has it in, support the site... plus they have quite a few quality brands. As soon as they get some in... I will be all over it.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Brownie points for that right there. :P

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Best $5 protection available until Otterbox comes out with a Defender Series case. I mean, for $5! Hard to beat!

I actually went and purchased the Platinum case with the holster from Best Buy and I'm actually very happy with it. It covers the phone nicely, it makes it a bit easier to hold and it doesnt take too much away for the aesthetics. The holster works great and until something better comes out I'm staying with this one.

I would like to see a case that covers the glass as well but this one works fine for now.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTula View Post
    I actually went and purchased the Platinum case with the holster from Best Buy and I'm actually very happy with it. It covers the phone nicely, it makes it a bit easier to hold and it doesnt take too much away for the aesthetics. The holster works great and until something better comes out I'm staying with this one.

I would like to see a case that covers the glass as well but this one works fine for now.
    You're probably not going to see one because of that curved screen. Buy a screen protector if you want some coverage.

check this case out. I think its the most stylish and best case out right now.

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S "S" CURVE GEL CASE - BLACK, WITH 6 SCREEN PROTECTORS & 1 STYLUS: Electronics

Here is a youtube video of how it looks:

let me know your thoughts.

thanks. just got one

I have an invisible shield on mine, but for extra protection, I bought this pouch. The Android robot is a nice bonus.
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    I have an invisible shield on mine, but for extra protection, I bought this pouch. The Android robot is a nice bonus.
    I would get it... but would prefer not to buy things from other countries.

I received that "S" Curve gel case yesterday, and I have to say I rather like it. I didn't want to put a case on the phone at all, but I dropped it and it put a few minor dings on the lower corner of the battery cover (not cool at all). It doesn't add much bulk and flows pretty well with the design of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    I would get it... but would prefer not to buy things from other countries.
    Neither would I, but his 98.9% approval rating from over 81,000 eBay-ers made me feel better.

I'm curious to see what Case-Mates come up with. Their "barely there" cases are always sleek and nice.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

@onthecouchagain i've bought several things from them the last 10months. They have fast shipping and very good products. But i'm still waiting to see what case-mate will come out with... Barely there cases r my favorite on all my phones...

I bought 2 cases from ebay, it's suck but there only few for nexus s.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

i got the case and holster from best buy... it works great for me and i work in construction.. i also for the invisiblesheild for the glass... so now the phone is completely protected.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.9/Netarchy 1.4.0

I say get a TPU case from ebay.
    http://twitter.com/DPtheKid

Thinking about getting this:

$29.99 is a hefty price for me since it doesn't come with a screen protector. and Have to spend additional $$ on a decent one.

But the case looks awesome someone did a video:

if anyone is till interested; i bought an 'amzer luxe' in black... (Amazon.com: Amzer Luxe Argyle High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case for Samsung/Google Nexus S - Smoke Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories) and like it quite a lot.

It's not really a case, more of a 'skin'... it fits quite snugly around the phone, easy to put on and take off. It's protected the phone from scratches during several falls.

not only that, but I find that the bare case is too slippery for my clumsy fingers. I find the skin provides just enough extra grip for my fingers so that I don't feel like it's going to pop out of my hands while swyping or typing.

There are more cases out there now; the only shortcoming with this skin is that it can't clip on to a belt, or to an armstrap or something... in the winter, I can wear a sweater with a breast pocket. However, as summer comes i've started thinking that the seido innocase with clip would be great. However, it's kind of a sticker shock thing, since the amzer was under $10.

If I could find a pouch with belt clip that'll fit the nexus inside the amzer, that would be perfect!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast