1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default firmware update

Just FYI, there is a firmware update for the S800c available on Nikon's web site:

For some reason you have to download it and stick it on the sdcard, no OTA seems to be available.

I've just gotten it installed and my camera re-rooted, and the only thing I notice off the bat is that it seems to have much less trouble connecting to wi-fi.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: firmware update

And now there is a v1.2 update on the nikon downloads web site (I'd just go there and search, the links seem to move around each time they make a new update, so it is hard to point to it directly). Still android 2.3.3 (nothing exciting like Jelly Bean).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: firmware update

Just noticed there is a 1.3 firmware available now. Claims to fix some more wi-fi issues, though I finally noticed when I get disconnected, and it doesn't fix that:

Any time I have a notification icon, if I pull down the notifications and press the "Clear" button to get rid of them, the wi-fi connection always seems to drop at the same instance. I was never able to correlate disconnects with anything before, but this seems fairly consistent.