firmware update

Claghorn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, there is a firmware update for the S800c available on Nikon's web site:

S800c - 1.1 firmware update

For some reason you have to download it and stick it on the sdcard, no OTA seems to be available.

I've just gotten it installed and my camera re-rooted, and the only thing I notice off the bat is that it seems to have much less trouble connecting to wi-fi.

Claghorn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
And now there is a v1.2 update on the nikon downloads web site (I'd just go there and search, the links seem to move around each time they make a new update, so it is hard to point to it directly). Still android 2.3.3 (nothing exciting like Jelly Bean).

Claghorn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed there is a 1.3 firmware available now. Claims to fix some more wi-fi issues, though I finally noticed when I get disconnected, and it doesn't fix that:

Any time I have a notification icon, if I pull down the notifications and press the "Clear" button to get rid of them, the wi-fi connection always seems to drop at the same instance. I was never able to correlate disconnects with anything before, but this seems fairly consistent.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc