Nokia 6 interest?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, ill have to first see if my carrier.. um.. carries it. This could potentially be a nice present for my father. He used to own the good old 3310 and if I gave him a new Nokia. He may just love it. It's got some good specs where it's needed.

Just have to see what local pricing is. But so far, fairly interested. Let's see what happens.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The build quality on these three new Nokia Android devices seems absolutely stellar by all accounts. Thick, sturdy, Series 6 aluminum. Definitely seems as if they use more of it than other OEMs that favor aluminum.

Happy with my black pearl S7 Edge for now, and skipping the S8. I can see my next flagship being purchased around the holiday season, and it being either the Note 8 or whatever the name of Nokia's flagship offering will be.

These are pretty much the Nokia Nexus devices we all dreamed of, considering they're basically running stock Android.

HGTan

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Already bought a Nokia 6 China version.
No preinstalled Google Play Service.
Manual installation not working.

Other than no Google Play Service, I love the phone.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely thinking about it. Nokia's statement about providing timely security updates has caught my eye. I like Motorola phones but their update policy stinks. Part of that may be on Verizon without a doubt. No more carrier locked phones for me.

What I'm looking for is a continuation of the Nexus line which means we have to look elsewhere now the Google has abondend the mid-range.

I've had a couple of Nokia's Windows phones and they were good solid devices.

Edit: Well it seems like these won't work on Verizon so I may be back to the G5 Plus.

Last edited:

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
SD430 for $250 is quite unacceptable when Moto G5 Plus is offering a SD625 for the same price.
Poor first attempt by Nokia.
Better luck next time.

Nikos751

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
SD430 for $250 is quite unacceptable when Moto G5 Plus is offering a SD625 for the same price.
Better luck next time.
Think of reliability as well. A lot of Moto G5 Plus devices have ghost touch problems and you could not connect them to a Windows 10 PC since some months ago - it worked ok on Windows 7 PC's though.
Things are not that simple...

nCogNeato

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Better luck next time.

Think of reliability as well. A lot of Moto G5 Plus devices have ghost touch problems and you could not connect them to a Windows 10 PC since some months ago - it worked ok on Windows 7 PC's though.
Things are not that simple...

Agreed. I was actually about to pull the trigger on a G5 Plus before I heard about the Nokia 6.

It was a tough choice, but I still give the edge to Nokia. It all boils down to usability, and Nokia won it with the inclusion of NFC and seemingly faster updates.

Now I wait for it to release in the US. :cool:

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Dude. For a low budget phone I'd take the Nokia 6 in a heart beat if it was a tad bit smaller. Man watching side by side reviews of it and the S8. The 6 is a beast. Too big for me. I'm happy with the 5.1 S7 size.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They look pretty sweet, to be sure. May have to add it to my ever-growing list of smartphones I'm thinking about buying.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Changed my mind about the 6 now that it's coming to the US through Amazon at $229.00 USD.

Thinking I will buy one when available.

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I was actually about to pull the trigger on a G5 Plus before I heard about the Nokia 6.

It was a tough choice, but I still give the edge to Nokia. It all boils down to usability, and Nokia won it with the inclusion of NFC and seemingly faster updates.

Now I wait for it to release in the US. :cool:

I would go for the NFC and updates every time. It looks a really good device.

Infinidim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678