Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By heickelrrx
  • 2 Post By vinnie_boombhats
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why someone would want a windows phone

Why would someone want a windows phone over android or iOS??

Posted via my Moto G
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Why someone would want a windows phone

These are some of the main reasons I've heard from WP users:

1. Great camera hardware and software
    2. Cortana digital assistant
    3. Live tiles
    4. Prefer look and feel of WP 8
    5. Better keyboard
    6. One Drive
    7. Build quality
    8. Kids corner
    9. Lag free

I also know a few people that went with WP just to be different.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP
    Thanked by:
    Muna Wasil likes this.

Because they are actually nice devices and the OS is rather nice too. This question is asked on every site with the OS names changed around.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Quote Originally Posted by izzy67 View Post
    Why would someone want a windows phone over android or iOS??

Posted via my Moto G
    Hi there

I'm windows phone user. usually I'm playing around windows phone central but today I got something to serach around here and found this post

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post

3. Live tiles
    5. Better keyboard
    6. One Drive
    7. Build quality
    8. Kids corner
    9. Lag free

like he said. as windows phone user I prefer using wp compared to android actually there are few
    reason behind it

- Direct Update from OS Vendor.
    when Update released usually we can get one immediately (for retail user) and for contract user just wait for their operator while firmware update comes from phone manufacturer

- Securer
    it takes about 5 days in order submitted apps to be published to windows store. that way all apps has been verified by Microsoft and safe for all customer

- windows phone required less RAM and processor.
    all windows phone device doesn't suffer lot of performance due to it apps. all wp8 device can run most of apps on store and can handle most common game (E.G Royal Revolt 2. HALO : Spartan Assault, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Asphalt 7 Heat, Asphalt 8 Airbone ) without lags at most device from Lumia 520 to 1020

-Easy to Sync.
    while using Windows as your computer OS Sync Setting can Easily be done. when we log in using Live Account most of common browser setting are synchronize to IE while all pict are imported to windows library

yes there is lot but it would take a days to list all down. still there is no better OS than other. because of that developer keeps developing their software.

have a nice day
    Jillxz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heickelrrx View Post
    Hi there

I'm windows phone user. usually I'm playing around windows phone central but today I got something to serach around here and found this post

like he said. as windows phone user I prefer using wp compared to android actually there are few
    reason behind it

- Direct Update from OS Vendor.
    when Update released usually we can get one immediately (for retail user) and for contract user just wait for their operator while firmware update comes from phone manufacturer

- Securer
    it takes about 5 days in order submitted apps to be published to windows store. that way all apps has been verified by Microsoft and safe for all customer

- windows phone required less RAM and processor.
    all windows phone device doesn't suffer lot of performance due to it apps. all wp8 device can run most of apps on store and can handle most common game (E.G Royal Revolt 2. HALO : Spartan Assault, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Asphalt 7 Heat, Asphalt 8 Airbone ) without lags at most device from Lumia 520 to 1020

-Easy to Sync.
    while using Windows as your computer OS Sync Setting can Easily be done. when we log in using Live Account most of common browser setting are synchronize to IE while all pict are imported to windows library

yes there is lot but it would take a days to list all down. still there is no better OS than other. because of that developer keeps developing their software.

have a nice day
    Sorry if I'm late but this is driving me crazy....

1. Unless you on a dev OS do you get them straight from nokia.

2. They can run with the same amount of ram/cpu

3. Same could be done with android.

Thanks for trying

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Fanelli View Post
    Sorry if I'm late but this is driving me crazy....

1. Unless you on a dev OS do you get them straight from nokia.

2. They can run with the same amount of ram/cpu

3. Same could be done with android.

Thanks for trying

Also you never stated that you have used android before

Probably for the same reasons someone chooses Audi over Mercedes Benz and BMW. Personal preference. But I'm just taking a shot in the dark. Hopefully, I hit something.
    Thanked by:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. All your replies are just flat out false, os updates come from MS, only firmware updates come from nokia ONLY on lumia devices. 2- Yes android can run with the same specs as a low end WP, but- it will run like shiit. 3-If that's true, then why is google constantly trying to get android to "use less RAM" and fight the "war against lag"? Yeah thought so, at least WP has hardware standards and is original. Android has no standards period....It's one big free for all, nasty IOS knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post

3. Live tiles
    5. Better keyboard
    6. One Drive
    7. Build quality
    8. Kids corner
    9. Lag free

^what they said! Personally, I never go along just to get along, so i was looking for a change. I initially thought that I would be a BlackBerry girl (hence my name 😉)... but after being excited for the z10 and watching the live coverages of the launches and bb10 events, I got a reality check when z10s were preordering for $1,000! MSRP ended up being around $650-700. But my budget was half that so I decided Windows was the next natural step. Now, I'm enjoying my Note! The greatest thing about not being overly committed to an os (aka a "fanboy" lol) is that I get to enjoy all the goodies! 😏

Quote Originally Posted by carlos12001 View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. All your replies are just flat out false, os updates come from MS, only firmware updates come from nokia ONLY on lumia devices. 2- Yes android can run with the same specs as a low end WP, but- it will run like shiit. 3-If that's true, then why is google constantly trying to get android to "use less RAM" and fight the "war against lag"? Yeah thought so, at least WP has hardware standards and is original. Android has no standards period....It's one big free for all, nasty IOS knockoff.
    ...I've owned both...unlike you and I know updates come via the carrier. second, google KitKat before you pass all over my answers. And so what if you can choose the specs? That's the beauty of android. (I don't own an android!)

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    ^what they said! Personally, I never go along just to get along, so i was looking for a change. I initially thought that I would be a BlackBerry girl (hence my name 😉)... but after being excited for the z10 and watching the live coverages of the launches and bb10 events, I got a reality check when z10s were preordering for $1,000! MSRP ended up being around $650-700. But my budget was half that so I decided Windows was the next natural step. Now, I'm enjoying my Note! The greatest thing about not being overly committed to an os (aka a "fanboy" lol) is that I get to enjoy all the goodies! 😏
    I'm actually on a z10 right now, still holding it's own and it's much cheaper now

I'm actually on a z10 right now, still holding it's own and it's much cheaper now

You're right! The z10 is much cheaper now...but i didn't anticipate the z10's screen being smaller than what i was looking for. It's crazy how a year changes your wants and must-haves! Lol. I'm anxious as to if they'll release a bb around the size of the note series 5.5-5.7".

You're right! The z10 is much cheaper now...but i didn't anticipate the z10's screen being smaller than what i was looking for. It's crazy how a year changes your wants and must-haves! Lol. I'm anxious as to if they'll release a bb around the size of the note series 5.5-5.7".
    Z30 but it's still around $400

Z30 but it's still around $400

I thought z30 was smaller than the note, no?

I thought z30 was smaller than the note, no?
    It's 5"...close

It's 5"...close

Sorry but for me, 5 inches is noticeably smaller than 5.5-5.7 inches. I'm still interested to see their future phones.

Sorry but for me, 5 inches is noticeably smaller than 5.5-5.7 inches. I'm still interested to see their future phones.
    I'm waiting for the passport

I'm waiting for the passport

Cool! That definitely will be an interesting looking phone. Can't wait to see one in person.

Cool! That definitely will be an interesting looking phone. Can't wait to see one in person.
    I like it and I'm not a keyboard guy