3 Quick Questions

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1) Does Netflix APP support 3D on these devices
2) Does it support USB drives?
3) Are the only apps available, those from Android TV, or can apps from the general ANDROID store be accepted?

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
1. I am not sure.
2. I heard it will when Android M gets pushed out, but right now its only MicroSD
3. I think you can only download apps that are compatible with the android TV devices. Similar to how the play store works with phones and tablets. But you can browse the whole store.

anon(386684)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
1) No idea, sorry I don't have a 3D TV to test.
2) Yes. I have a 2TB hard drive attached to mine right now, works 100% right out of the box (with 1.1 update)
3) You can only *directly* download apps from the Android TV version of Google Play, but you can send just about any device to the Nvidia Shield TV from play.google.com/store in your web browser, and many of them can be launched straight from the Leanback (Android TV) Launcher. Otherwise, install Sideload Launcher and they will all appear in there. You can install Chrome that way and then you can just use that as your Play Store.

rickdm

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Brandogg,

Can you elaborate when you say that your USB drive is working 100%?

Exactly what are you using it for? I'm assuming you can't move apps to it.

anon(386684)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You can't move apps to a USB drive (yet), but you *can* move your apps to an SD card, and you can install all apps to an SD card by default as well.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not using Netflix yet but it does stream 3D movies, just checked it on their website. I only just got a Shield but have streamed 3D to Shield and it works fine in 4K 60p. Dolby 5.1 works fine too. It'll do all that working as a 4K Chromecast too which is great.