Whats your thoughts? Good, bad, lets hear them.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From first look its an impressive device. I haven't picked apart the device from inside out 100% but its very impressive from all I have read and seen. Controller does seem a little heavy in size for performing heavy D pad button moves but I think like anything else it will work out.

I think the part I'm watching the most is will this put a dent in true gamers looking for a new hot device away from PS and Nintendo portable gaming devices on the market? I think if they can get the big titles its a good chance it will give them a run for their money.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts and feelings on this device, naturally only those present at CES have seen it in person so the rest of us will have to wait :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any bad thoughts about it, unless it's too expensive.

It can stream my PC games, play tegrazone games, act as a regular Android device, and if it holds true, has good battery life.

Am I missing something?

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty and I want one but will see how it turns out, that might change but as of now definitely want one

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's a Nintendo Wii U on Steroids! It's a gaming hub, yes it can be used as a tablet, but it's so much more than that. It connects to the "cloud" and to your home network and lets you play games from both. Those games can then be played on the device itself, OR (and this is the real magic) on a large TV. I can't wait to get one!

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I really want this. The price will be the major factor for me to buy this. There are a lot of games that would be a lot less stressful with a controller. A lot of games seem pretty impossible when they have the touchscreen dpad and action controls. I like physical buttons for anything that is a first person shooter or driving games.

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think Nvidia is definitely on to someting 2013-2015. I love my Tegra 3 in my HTC One X and Nexus 7. I just got an Asus ROG 15" laptop with 660M "Kepler" ~ I can play Dead Space 3 for PC on maximum settings, and Crysis 3 Beta on all-High settings.

So if Nvidia is going to bridge the Android-PC world with Shield and Tegra 4, I say bring it on.

In 2015 if we can have a pure-Android 15" laptop and a lot of other hybrid-style devices, we can finally move away from Windows.

Throw in cloud services and cloud gaming, like I said, pure-Android 4" to 20" devices... Boom! Headshot. Remember if you really need Windows there are always cloud services which by 2015 for most people will be just as good as running Windows in a VM and almost as good as native.

So, what would an Nvidia-fueled Android world look like in 2015? That is the question.

I am not paid by Nvidia but I should be, at this rate I'm evangelising for them...! LOL.

On a side note. Dead Space 3 for PC on a HDTV feels like a NEXT GEN CONSOLE. So imagine, if you had a $1,000-$1,500 PC desktop/laptop, and streaming to Shield, that's basically your NEXT GEN CONSOLE right there. Sure, you may say, but that's 4x as expensive as a Xbox 720. True, but you are also using your laptop for other things, no?

In any case, once CLOUD GAMING really takes off in the next few years, SHIELD + BANDWIDTH = NEXT GEN CONSOLE.

In 3.5 years time, Snapdragon, PowerVR, TEGRA 5/6/7 = NEXT GEN CONSOLE.

Do ya see where I'm going with this? :cool:

anon(242069)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting a really good android gaming device and I think this might be it. It would be nice to have a 1080p display but that would require more bandwidth for streaming games. I do like that they focused on good sound quality because so many android devices are very lacking in that department. The price is a big deciding factor for me and time will tell whether I will be getting one of these.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Won't be buying it but it looks nice and innovative. Really like the devices bridging the gap between Android and consoles, like Shield and OUYA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance