Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Shield ships July 31st.

    Just received this in my email.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shield ships July 31st.-shield.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Yep. Seems like it's getting pretty 'real' now.

    More info on the news: NVIDIA Shield now shipping July 31 | Android Central

    Who's getting one?
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Yep. Seems like it's getting pretty 'real' now.

    More info on the news: NVIDIA Shield now shipping July 31 | Android Central

    Who's getting one?
    I definitely am! I'm more interested in the game streaming than anything else, even though I know it's still a beta feature. Can't wait to try it out!
    Current Phone: T-Mobile LG G3
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 3
  4. #4  
    The Bard's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTongue View Post
    I definitely am! I'm more interested in the game streaming than anything else, even though I know it's still a beta feature. Can't wait to try it out!
    Looking forward for your feedback or review if it is as good as I thought, then I will ask a friend in US to buy and send it to me

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Looking forward for your feedback or review if it is as good as I thought, then I will ask a friend in US to buy and send it to me

    Posted via Android Central App
    Now that I've got a good camera and tripod, I hope to record a video of the thing in action with the game streaming / other features once I actually receive it. I've got a huge Steam library, so if anyone has any requests, feel free to let me know!
    Current Phone: T-Mobile LG G3
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 3
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    lol3caring's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    I am still confused by the term shipping July 31st, does that mean the actual units will ship then or arrive then? I mean the stores will get them on the 31st so how come the people who preordered them get them on the same day, isn't that only fair to the people who pre-ordered?
  7. #7  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,950 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Quote Originally Posted by lol3caring View Post
    I am still confused by the term shipping July 31st, does that mean the actual units will ship then or arrive then? I mean the stores will get them on the 31st so how come the people who preordered them get them on the same day, isn't that only fair to the people who pre-ordered?
    Pre order doesn't mean you get it first or before everyone else. It means that you're guaranteed to get one with the first batch. At least that's what it's supposed to mean.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Newegg has processed my order and is being prepared for shipment.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. #9  
    lol3caring's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    My shield is arriving on Wednesday, good for nvidia for finally delivering.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  10. #10  
    kalo88's Avatar

    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Like everything, we can't get it here in the UK
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Please give us impressions, particularly on how it handles emulators, namely RetroArch running PS1 games, and MAME games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Shield ships July 31st.

    Big day today... SHIPPING DAY!
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Similar Threads

  1. What games would you like to come to the shield?
    By HDTV35 in forum NVIDIA Shield Portable
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 04:57 PM
  2. Pc stream to shield
    By sukhi2013 in forum NVIDIA Shield Portable
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM
  3. Google schedules Android event for July 24
    By bunique4life05 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 07:56 PM
  4. AMAZON STORE SHIPPING TIMES (Experienced amazon buyers appreciated)
    By Michael Wong in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 02:45 AM
  5. Wasn't there a Google event July 11?
    By CS_Shane in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions