Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,085 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [AMA] I have a SHIELD, you have questions! I have answers!

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
    Can you use the shield as a controller for another android device say like a galaxy note 10.1.

Would be interested in playing the shield on the road, but when I am at home, I would like to play on my tablet's larger screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    No.
    You can use console mode with a bluetooth controller and use your tv as the monitor, though.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

--------- P L E A S E H E L P M E ! ! ! -----------

I bought for two days ago Shield. It was a private sale. I was so happy to own brand new NVIDIA SHIELD!! I have tried to install new software update (Update 72) and i got this message:

Warning: No file_contextsThis package is for "roth" devices; this is a "thor"
    E:Error in /cache/e3d4c31118f4ac0f9ee701638c0029c2232f3ae0.productionBL-droid-signed-thor-full_
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Here the Img: http://blackarrows.beepworld.de/apps/files/dsc_0021.jpg

I'm so sad and disappointed.... Please HELP me!! THX to all, Thank You very much !!

The device might be rooted and has a modified rom, so can not take the official update.

Might need to start from scratch. XDA is the best site for people that could help. I have no clue besides this.

I was considering to get this, but the big bezel bugs me. Could have been a 5.5" display.

Still a sweet device, but I have too many already.

i want to use usb internet passthru with my shield how do i get this acomplished.?? do i need drivers? where to find them ? yes i know the shield has wifi access. but were im at in the house my computer hardwired into the router .

Hi.

I would like to know a few things about the Nvidia Portable and I hope you would like to help me.

I currently have a PS Vita which I only play Fifa with. But Fifa do not make games for PS Vita anymore - only annually updates - same game every year.

I would like to know if you can play Fifa on the Nvidia portable and not only the mobile version which is a downgraded version of the console version. I would really like to play the real console version on a portable device and I thought the Nvidia might do the job? I know that you can stream it from your PC which is not my interest.

I live in Denmark and I would also like to know if there is any limitations of buying games etc. when you live in a country where you actually can't by the Nvidia Portable. I have to buy it in England.

Thanks a lot.

Regards MrBastian

MrBastian,

A quick look from my NVIDIA Shield Portable in the Playstore shows FIFA 14 by EA Sports. Is this what you were looking for? Also there shouldn't be any limitations of downloading or purchasing games/apps from the PlayStore just because the device isn't sold in that country or region. I know there are some limitations but they are quickly diminishing and opening the doors to everyone.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by MrBastian View Post
    Hi.

I would like to know a few things about the Nvidia Portable and I hope you would like to help me.

I currently have a PS Vita which I only play Fifa with. But Fifa do not make games for PS Vita anymore - only annually updates - same game every year.

I would like to know if you can play Fifa on the Nvidia portable and not only the mobile version which is a downgraded version of the console version. I would really like to play the real console version on a portable device and I thought the Nvidia might do the job? I know that you can stream it from your PC which is not my interest.

I live in Denmark and I would also like to know if there is any limitations of buying games etc. when you live in a country where you actually can't by the Nvidia Portable. I have to buy it in England.

Thanks a lot.

Regards MrBastian
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123