Nvidia Shield Streaming Issues

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not at home and am on my laptop, so the option isn't displaying, but this will show you where it is.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s224...a109de7cc650/1e9fd15854332d36e3ab5bb76bc743f6
I might be on to something. I've had AMD drivers installed recently because I also had an AMD card in my pc for bitcoin mining. I've removed the AMD card a month or so ago and removed all software but I'm thinking there could be registry entries or pieces of the AMD software still floating around and that might be interfering. I'm thinking that I might reimage my computer if worse comes to worse but I'm going to continue to do some research

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I might be on to something. I've had AMD drivers installed recently because I also had an AMD card in my pc for bitcoin mining. I've removed the AMD card a month or so ago and removed all software but I'm thinking there could be registry entries or pieces of the AMD software still floating around and that might be interfering. I'm thinking that I might reimage my computer if worse comes to worse but I'm going to continue to do some research
FYI - I followed some instructions I found online on how to completely remove AMD/ATI software from everything including registry. I did this, rebooted my pc, and what do you know, the Streaming option is now there under preferences!!!! I'm hoping this fixed the issue but I won't know until I get home, I'm remoted into my home pc right now.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
FYI - I followed some instructions I found online on how to completely remove AMD/ATI software from everything including registry. I did this, rebooted my pc, and what do you know, the Streaming option is now there under preferences!!!! I'm hoping this fixed the issue but I won't know until I get home, I'm remoted into my home pc right now.

Awesome! Glad to hear. I hope it gets it going for you.

Paul Lightfoot

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
finally a forum for this issue!!! i got my shield on the 31st, i can not get wifi streaming to work, specs: asus rampage iv extreme, 3930k cpu, 64gb ddr3, windows 8 pro, corsair ssd, 2x gtx 680. have the latest beta nvidia driver, latest update for geforce experience, latest beta for steam, the recomended trendnet router by nvidia's recomended page. i can launch the games just fine however, i cannot use any buttons if i use the touchscreen it will respond fine but i cant use joysticks, triggers, buttons etc... now i have another computer almost same specs. asus rampage iv extreme, 3930k cpu, 16gb ddr3, samsung ssd, 1 asus DCII 4gb gtx 680 ... this system streams fine and the shield responds fine with all buttons etc. but i want it working on my computer.. i have a triple screen setup, narrowed it down to one screen @ 1920x1080 120hz, tried only one graphics card, tried disabling all kinds of services, disabling firewalls etc. i have tried unplugging all usb periphreals. i have even done a fresh install of windows with nothing but the basics to run the pc and shield. i am currently back and forth with nvidia on this issue but no resolutions as of yet.. LETS GET THIS FIXED!

Paul Lightfoot

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to inform you that I fixed my issue :). I did another fresh install of windows, I also reset my shield to factory, I did all updates on my shield, I installed steam & steam beta update, I installed 320.49 NVidia gtx 680 driver, and GeForce experience 1.6... I can now successfully use my shield with all controls just fine. when I install beta updates for gtx 680 driver and GeForce experience beta update, I am no longer able to use the controls.. I am also using both my gtx 680 cards in surround 3d mode @ 120hz , everything works perfect. :) I did find out I will need to upgrade to a better dual band router due to a few lag issues and network drop.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to inform you that I fixed my issue :). I did another fresh install of windows, I also reset my shield to factory, I did all updates on my shield, I installed steam & steam beta update, I installed 320.49 NVidia gtx 680 driver, and GeForce experience 1.6... I can now successfully use my shield with all controls just fine. when I install beta updates for gtx 680 driver and GeForce experience beta update, I am no longer able to use the controls.. I am also using both my gtx 680 cards in surround 3d mode @ 120hz , everything works perfect. :) I did find out I will need to upgrade to a better dual band router due to a few lag issues and network drop.

Yeah the router can make a big difference, especially if you don't have a 5gHz band right now. For me, it even helped with my internet speed over WiFi.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your shield has the newest firmware, This was a big issue on the nvidia forum. Make sure it's the one from July 26th. I had to DL 2 updates. Also check out the nvidia forum, a lot of helpful people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Brinnan Stauffer

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Im having a similar issue.My pc always says " no available geforce gtx pcs found ". I have a listed recommended router. I have a geforce gtx 690. The streaming buttons are listed in the nvidia experience. All drivers have been fully updated and also reinstalled using a clean install. I have an alienware aurora r4 desktop.Bios have been fully updated as well as the router. Firewalls have been disabled and same with virus protection programs. I have wiped the shield itself to factory settings. The nvidia techincal support is a joke and they have no idea whats going on. Im so frustrated and need help badly

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im having a similar issue.My pc always says " no available geforce gtx pcs found ". I have a listed recommended router. I have a geforce gtx 690. The streaming buttons are listed in the nvidia experience. All drivers have been fully updated and also reinstalled using a clean install. I have an alienware aurora r4 desktop.Bios have been fully updated as well as the router. Firewalls have been disabled and same with virus protection programs. I have wiped the shield itself to factory settings. The nvidia techincal support is a joke and they have no idea whats going on. Im so frustrated and need help badly

Sorry i didn't see this sooner. Have you taken all OTA's on SHIELD? Have you made sure that you don't have driver's for any other GPU's installed?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes all drivers on the system are for this OS. I actually reinstalled my entire os to the ground trying to fix this and still nothing

Under "My Rig" is GeForce Experience you have the "Game Optimization" and "Game Streaming" boxes with a green check mark with the word Ready next to them?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

And both devices are connected to the same network? That's the only other thing I can think of. If those boxes are checked on GeForce Experience, and you've taken all OTA's, are connected to the same network, then it should work.

Also, make sure you're on the Beta Channel with Steam, and that the games you're trying to play are supported with PC Streaming to Shield.

Eldon Kelough

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldnt get mine to stream either. It would connect to the pc but just said "no supported games" I turned off windows firewall and tried 2 different N dual band routers I had lying around and still no go. Then it hit me to disable SLI. Did that and instantly my game library showed up.

Running 2 GTX680s with a 560 dedicated to physics. I was able to enable SLI after my library popped up on the shield, it surprisingly stayed connected.

Hope this helps you fellow SLI guys.

Antony Chandler

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
hi there i didthe same too joined so i could reply to this as im mhaving same problems here too except ive had mine working no problem for four days untill now?it seems you have to have geforce experience running on your pc then connect your shield to your tv.you have to have steam also in full picture for it to work,i have same problem though when it switches to my big tv it goes straight into big picture mode even though on my pc it is in normal mode??thats weird?and not right,im going to have to leave this here because all these damn adverts are doing my head in and making this nearly impossible for me to reply

Antony Chandler

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
great ,now for some reson i cant get my sheild device to pick up my streamready pc??,so i disconeccted it from tv and now i cant get the tablet to work at all?aswhen you connect your tablet to the tv you cant see the screen on your tablet anymore which uis also dumb as then when you go to disconnect this has gone and happened?i dont think its good to keep connecting and disconnecting?but this is not straightforward and im seriously thinking of sending my tablet back whilst it is still under warranty??any suggestions what im doing wrong sometimes here?as ive said befopre i have had it working perfectly too,it picked up all my games on steam which is the main reason why i bought this to stream all my pc stuff onto the big screen!,now all i see is a controller logo in the window and i cant turn my shield on or off?this is driving me crazy!!help me someone please,ill check back in a few hours thx

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
hi there i didthe same too joined so i could reply to this as im mhaving same problems here too except ive had mine working no problem for four days untill now?it seems you have to have geforce experience running on your pc then connect your shield to your tv.you have to have steam also in full picture for it to work,i have same problem though when it switches to my big tv it goes straight into big picture mode even though on my pc it is in normal mode??thats weird?and not right,im going to have to leave this here because all these damn adverts are doing my head in and making this nearly impossible for me to reply

great ,now for some reson i cant get my sheild device to pick up my streamready pc??,so i disconeccted it from tv and now i cant get the tablet to work at all?aswhen you connect your tablet to the tv you cant see the screen on your tablet anymore which uis also dumb as then when you go to disconnect this has gone and happened?i dont think its good to keep connecting and disconnecting?but this is not straightforward and im seriously thinking of sending my tablet back whilst it is still under warranty??any suggestions what im doing wrong sometimes here?as ive said befopre i have had it working perfectly too,it picked up all my games on steam which is the main reason why i bought this to stream all my pc stuff onto the big screen!,now all i see is a controller logo in the window and i cant turn my shield on or off?this is driving me crazy!!help me someone please,ill check back in a few hours thx

For game stream you shouldn't need to have GeForce Experience running. When you go to play a game using game stream it should start Steam for you if you haven't already. You may need to dismiss a prompt to update and/or restart Steam though. Not much can be done about that, Steam has automatic updates.

As for not seeing your game stream ready PC ensure that they're connected to the same network and that you have the latest version of GeForce Experience and the most up to date display drivers available for your system.

For game stream there are games that are specifically supported. Here's a link to the list.

Supported Games for the NVIDIA GeForce Experience | GeForce

When you plug in an HDMI cable to the tablet you should be prompted to enter Console Mode. If you do that, the local tablet display will be turned off and your content will be displayed on the connected display (usually a TV). This is done because of a slight difference in resolution. You can see for yourself. If you plug HDMI in and select Mirror Mode you'll have black bars on the side of the tv, the local tablet display will still be on, and you'll see everything twice. This is because the tablet resolution is 1920x1200, and not 1920x1080. Console Mode allows you to match the TV display resolution directly, which is a better experience IMO.

When you unplug the HDMI cable you should be prompted to exit Console Mode.

As with most devices that have a sealed battery holding down the power button for 10 seconds will force it to power off. Then you can restart it.