Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,705 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,882 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    Have people lost interest? I'm still excited for this, and Tegra 4 in general. I just hope we get some news about it sometime soon. Project SHIELD was shown off at CES, and has been demoed to select people a few times since then, but no word on release date or price or anything.

    What do you guys think? What would be the "perfect" release scenario? Pre-orders? Just go to a store? I'll take it however I can get it, honestly. I just want it in my hands. The teaser videos have definitely got me excited.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    My only beef with this is the screen size. I'm trying to imagine going back to handheld sized screens again after being so used to playing games on a 7" tablet but I really don't think I'll be able to, especially when you can already pair gamepad controllers to tablets. For me, since I own a PS3 I can just root my tablet and use the sixaxis controller I already own at no extra expense, while having a larger screen for multimedia and web browsing when I'm not gaming
  3. #3  
    The Bard's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    736 Global Posts

    Default Re: It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    yeah 5" screen is a bit disappoinment. I think 6.3" or at least 5.5" will be great.

    mogA pro contrtoller only support 5.5" device to hold. so I think 7" too big to be ergonomic to hold.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,705 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,882 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    My only beef with this is the screen size. I'm trying to imagine going back to handheld sized screens again after being so used to playing games on a 7" tablet but I really don't think I'll be able to, especially when you can already pair gamepad controllers to tablets. For me, since I own a PS3 I can just root my tablet and use the sixaxis controller I already own at no extra expense, while having a larger screen for multimedia and web browsing when I'm not gaming
    But you won't be able to get ANY of the Tegra 4 specific games. And that setup is, honestly, a bit clunky in comparison. Not saying it doesn't work, obviously.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    But you won't be able to get ANY of the Tegra 4 specific games. And that setup is, honestly, a bit clunky in comparison. Not saying it doesn't work, obviously.
    yep you're right, it is a clunky way to get a bigger screen. However I'm expecting a goodly selection of 7-10 inch Tegra 4 or snapdragon 600/800 powered tablets to arrive this late summer/Fall. Have you taken a look at HP's Slate X2 running android coming in August yet? That thing looks awesome and apparently they're only going to charge around $480 for it. It'll have USB and a trackpad as well (possible mouse+keyboard gaming potential, or even gamepads?). You know as well as I do that other OEM's are likely going to be releasing similar offerings because these traditional MS partners are all starting to hedge their bets on mobile and since Apple doesn't license iOS they'll be turning to Android. Asus does it already and I htink I read that Toshiba and a couple others are following suit
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,705 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,882 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: It's been a while since we've heard anything...

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    yep you're right, it is a clunky way to get a bigger screen. However I'm expecting a goodly selection of 7-10 inch Tegra 4 or snapdragon 600/800 powered tablets to arrive this late summer/Fall. Have you taken a look at HP's Slate X2 running android coming in August yet? That thing looks awesome and apparently they're only going to charge around $480 for it. It'll have USB and a trackpad as well (possible mouse+keyboard gaming potential, or even gamepads?). You know as well as I do that other OEM's are likely going to be releasing similar offerings because these traditional MS partners are all starting to hedge their bets on mobile and since Apple doesn't license iOS they'll be turning to Android. Asus does it already and I htink I read that Toshiba and a couple others are following suit
    Yep I've seen it. Which is best for you depends on how you plan on using it most. I want a SHIELD for the games (I have a controller, and it just feels a little clunky IMO). I have a TF Prime with keyboard dock that I use when I need to be "productive". Ever since I got a Surface RT, though, I find myself picking that up less and less.

    Anyway....I'm sure the SHIELD will be a great device, and you have to know that the fastest versions of Tegra 4 will be in it, since NVidia can bin the chips and be picky about which ones they use in SHIELD.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Similar Threads

  1. It's been 48 hours since I've been able to connect via 3G
    By TabGuy in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM
  2. This Is The Phone We've Been Waiting For
    By chipdeblock in forum Dell Opus One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 04:11 AM
  3. We've been beaten by the Casio G'zOne
    By ock in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 06:02 PM
  4. its been a while
    By ekoulak in forum T-Mobile Vibrant
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 01:11 AM
  5. its been a while now, where is a new launcherpro update?
    By stickman1220 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

B