Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Nvidia Shield Streaming Issues

I would like to inform you that I fixed my issue . I did another fresh install of windows, I also reset my shield to factory, I did all updates on my shield, I installed steam & steam beta update, I installed 320.49 NVidia gtx 680 driver, and GeForce experience 1.6... I can now successfully use my shield with all controls just fine. when I install beta updates for gtx 680 driver and GeForce experience beta update, I am no longer able to use the controls.. I am also using both my gtx 680 cards in surround 3d mode @ 120hz , everything works perfect. I did find out I will need to upgrade to a better dual band router due to a few lag issues and network drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Awesome! Glad to hear. I hope it gets it going for you.
    It's working and it's awesome!!! It's not perfect but pretty damn cool
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RzaDaRazor View Post
    It's working and it's awesome!!! It's not perfect but pretty damn cool
    Yep. Still in beta, so it'll only get better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lightfoot View Post
    I would like to inform you that I fixed my issue . I did another fresh install of windows, I also reset my shield to factory, I did all updates on my shield, I installed steam & steam beta update, I installed 320.49 NVidia gtx 680 driver, and GeForce experience 1.6... I can now successfully use my shield with all controls just fine. when I install beta updates for gtx 680 driver and GeForce experience beta update, I am no longer able to use the controls.. I am also using both my gtx 680 cards in surround 3d mode @ 120hz , everything works perfect. I did find out I will need to upgrade to a better dual band router due to a few lag issues and network drop.
    Yeah the router can make a big difference, especially if you don't have a 5gHz band right now. For me, it even helped with my internet speed over WiFi.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Make sure your shield has the newest firmware, This was a big issue on the nvidia forum. Make sure it's the one from July 26th. I had to DL 2 updates. Also check out the nvidia forum, a lot of helpful people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im having a similar issue.My pc always says " no available geforce gtx pcs found ". I have a listed recommended router. I have a geforce gtx 690. The streaming buttons are listed in the nvidia experience. All drivers have been fully updated and also reinstalled using a clean install. I have an alienware aurora r4 desktop.Bios have been fully updated as well as the router. Firewalls have been disabled and same with virus protection programs. I have wiped the shield itself to factory settings. The nvidia techincal support is a joke and they have no idea whats going on. Im so frustrated and need help badly
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Brinnan Stauffer View Post
    Im having a similar issue.My pc always says " no available geforce gtx pcs found ". I have a listed recommended router. I have a geforce gtx 690. The streaming buttons are listed in the nvidia experience. All drivers have been fully updated and also reinstalled using a clean install. I have an alienware aurora r4 desktop.Bios have been fully updated as well as the router. Firewalls have been disabled and same with virus protection programs. I have wiped the shield itself to factory settings. The nvidia techincal support is a joke and they have no idea whats going on. Im so frustrated and need help badly
    Sorry i didn't see this sooner. Have you taken all OTA's on SHIELD? Have you made sure that you don't have driver's for any other GPU's installed?

yes all drivers on the system are for this OS. I actually reinstalled my entire os to the ground trying to fix this and still nothing
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yes all drivers on the system are for this OS. I actually reinstalled my entire os to the ground trying to fix this and still nothing
    Under "My Rig" is GeForce Experience you have the "Game Optimization" and "Game Streaming" boxes with a green check mark with the word Ready next to them?

yeah
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yeah
    And both devices are connected to the same network? That's the only other thing I can think of. If those boxes are checked on GeForce Experience, and you've taken all OTA's, are connected to the same network, then it should work.

Also, make sure you're on the Beta Channel with Steam, and that the games you're trying to play are supported with PC Streaming to Shield.

I couldnt get mine to stream either. It would connect to the pc but just said "no supported games" I turned off windows firewall and tried 2 different N dual band routers I had lying around and still no go. Then it hit me to disable SLI. Did that and instantly my game library showed up.

Running 2 GTX680s with a 560 dedicated to physics. I was able to enable SLI after my library popped up on the shield, it surprisingly stayed connected.

Hope this helps you fellow SLI guys.
    Kevin O'Quinn likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12