Water under my screen after installing Skinomi screen protector.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was installing Skinomi screen protector on my Nvidia Shield yesterday and I notice water solution user my screen. I don't know what to do with my Shield now, I think the water solution under the screen during installation. What should I do now? I mean I didn't know the solution that helps me install the screen end up under the screen. I am very upset that a month old Shield has water under it. I am disappointed. Please help?... Thank you. I know that it's from Skinomi water solution I only played my Shield indoor and never spilled water!

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the water under the screen or under the screen protector?

I am only familiar with Zagg's that come with a solution for the protector, and then there's a squeegee thing. But there's usually a bit of liquid left under the protector but it disappears in a few days as the air bubbles and stuff work their way out. Might just be worth waiting a few days for it to settle.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the water under the screen or under the screen protector?

I am only familiar with Zagg's that come with a solution for the protector, and then there's a squeegee thing. But there's usually a bit of liquid left under the protector but it disappears in a few days as the air bubbles and stuff work their way out. Might just be worth waiting a few days for it to settle.

The water under the actual screen unfortunately... I set my Shield in a sealed bag of rice and crossing my finger to suck the solution out under my screen...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Good luck! At least the electronics are separate from the LCD hinged panel, so maybe they will be okay.

Raye Nelson

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am going to try it right now I am so bummed out! I just wanted to protect my shield and I feel like I just ruined it. I have to say that wet products are bad after this. I dont care who says it works it didnt for me. I am praying for the rice to fix it. This thing is literally brand new.