- 1 Posts
Usb port failure
I love my TN7. I dumped an HP Slate 7 Extreme after trying it out for several weeks and haven't looked back since (I pity the fools still stuck on 4.2). One of my major concerns with both is the usb port. Many have reported failures. I think it is more of an issue with the usb cable that came with the tablet. It is extremely inflexible and too short placing a lot of strain on the plug. A much smarter idea is use a phone charger 99% of the time. The cord on a phone charger is so much more flexible making it very unlikely of damaging the port.
- 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM #2
Re: Usb port failure
Like any device, the USB port is always the weak link IMO. If you treat it with care it will give you great long lasting results. I think the biggest problem and this isn't just pertaining to the Note 7 its all smartphones, tablets, etc. when people try to plug in and use their device at the same time. This usually results in pressure on the port and movement that wasn't anticipated and it prematurely wears out the cable and port.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By kaleavinashm in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2014, 06:59 AM
- By mahimahi_k in forum HTC JetstreamReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2014, 12:07 PM
- By Phoner6 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM
- By pedro_nev85 in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
- By ghostvai in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM