Will the no microSD slot and/or non removable battery be a killer to the flagship killer?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Will you be influenced by the lack of microSD slot and non removable battery?

Especially since the killers to the flagship killer have a microSD slot, the lack of microSD slot on a device already priced higher than some competition seems to be a poor choice, imo.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
64GB is enough for me since I upload all my Note 4 4k videos to the cloud once taken.

Also I'm happy to see the phone bringing LPDDR4 on both devices. (To those wondering UFS 2.0 is exclusive to Samsung)

Bigboldbri

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Yep. You can never have too much storage.
My G4 is now well over half full despite 128gb msd and 32gb internal. Looking forward to my terabyte msd card.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No.

3300mAh and 64GB of storage is more than plenty for the type of people OnePlus is targeting.

But I would still love to have seen a microSD card slot because you can never have too much storage. xD

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised they removed the Micro SD card slot... Seems likes it's the way to go for future phones

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The new Moto Xs both have Micro SD card slots. HTC and LG flagship phones also have SD slots. I think they see this as a way to differentiate themselves from Samsung, who is not following the Apple model. Charge a lot of money for a little bit of storage upgrades.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
64 GB would be plenty for an average or even heavy user. Neither of those qualities would be an issue for me.

64gb is pretty lean for me. I have a 128gb microSDXC card in my note 4 now. Both are near full.

afrocj

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Especially since the killers to the flagship killer have a microSD slot, the lack of microSD slot on a device already priced higher than some competition seems to be a poor choice, imo.

I think not the oneplus 2 is a great phone with or with out microSD slot lot of person don't even use their SD slot.

Jorge Alameda

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Removing the microDS slot is a BIG mistake. Saying that no one uses a removable card is not true. Maybe you don't, but everyone I know does use it. As for the removable battery, you are wrong there too. All Android phone makers should get there heads out of Apple's [language removed by mod]. Having these two features is what sets them apart from Apple. Android phone makers, don't follow the leader, be different. What they need to do is increase the internal memory to 64GB and 128GB and still keep the removable battery and the microsd slot. I just recently read that Galaxy S6 sales were not the greatest. Gee, I wonder why? I will have second thoughts in buying a phone without these features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Things have changed. If I had my way, I'd like to have same old stuff but I think it be fine if non removable battery but has fast charging features, no Micro SD but has internal memory of 64gb or so

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Not a big concern. Using oneplus one and I'm okay with 64gb but then my very few phone has micro SD like lg4 and moto x pure edition but no fingerprint sensor so it like on you

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think microSD is a big deal. Everyone keeps comparing the $399 Moto X style with the $389 OP2, but that's not a fair comparison, since the OP2 comes with 64gb of internal storage and the X with 16gb. For a fair comparison I think people should be comparing the 64gb moto X at $499 with the OP2. It's just so much more convenient to have plenty of internal storage than any external storage no matter the size.

If an actual significant portion of the smart phone buying community used micro SD, I'm sure manufacturers would always make sure to have it.

Think about it this way: the best selling phones in the US are the iPhone 6 and 6 plus, and those haven't and never will have micro SD card slots :p

yash sugandh

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes the choice of not having a micro-sd slot would be a flagship killer for me ,because in todays generation we need to store a lot of data on our phone and more the storage more data can be stored

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Removing the microDS slot is a BIG mistake. Saying that no one uses a removable card is not true. Maybe you don't, but everyone I know does use it. As for the removable battery, you are wrong there too. All Android phone makers should get there heads out of Apple's [language removed by mod]. Having these two features is what sets them apart from Apple. Android phone makers, don't follow the leader, be different. What they need to do is increase the internal memory to 64GB and 128GB and still keep the removable battery and the microsd slot. I just recently read that Galaxy S6 sales were not the greatest. Gee, I wonder why? I will have second thoughts in buying a phone without these features.
They didn't remove the micro SD slot, they've never had it in the first place. The one didn't come with expandable storage and neither does the two.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Yes. Period.