OnePlus 2 takes 3 HOURS to fully charge

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sucks that this phone does not have Quick Charge capabilities
The 3,300mAh battery at the back is a decent improvement over the 3,000mAh one in the OnePlus One when raw capacity comes into play, Well, OnePlus probably equipped its second smartphone with some other kind of tech that will allow the adopters of the device to get its battery charged in a quick fashion... Right?

Well, no. It seems that OnePlus didn't put much effort into making its newest product competitive in terms of charging times. It looks like the OnePlus 2 gets charged from 0% to 100% for slightly less than 3 hours and 20 minutes, or shy of 200 minutes. To put that amount of time into perspective, you can either fully-watch Titanic or binge-watch Toy Story and The Lion King back-to-back before your "2016 flagship killer" gets fully charged.

Read more at OnePlus reportedly reveals it takes a bit less than 3 hours and 20 minutes to fully charge the OnePlus 2

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Fine for me. I use an old charger that charges even slower. I just charge overnight while I'm sleeping and I've found that charging slower gives me longer battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beigealini

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Fine for me. I use an old charger that charges even slower. I just charge overnight while I'm sleeping and I've found that charging slower gives me longer battery life.

Well the issue is they claimed it to be a flagship killer for 2016 too.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
That's a deal breaker. My galaxy tab 4 takes ~3 hrs to charge but it has a 4000+ mAh battery that lasts 2+ days.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, this isn't good.

Normally, I'd say that as long as the phone lasts long enough to get to a midnight charge, then it's no biggie.

Trouble is, battery life seems to have taken a hit as well.

Keep in mind that this is a prerelease unit, but MKBHD noted that the phone doesn't seem to last as long as the OPO, despite having a bigger battery. If this holds true even on consumer units, then I can only blame their decision to go with the 810.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why it doesn't have quick charge, that is becoming a key feature with sealed batteries today. Is it a result of USB Type-C or just that they didn't add the required hardware internally and no rapid charger. Sadly this is another reason to consider getting the Moto X Pure or Nexus.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why it doesn't have quick charge, that is becoming a key feature with sealed batteries today. Is it a result of USB Type-C or just that they didn't add the required hardware internally and no rapid charger. Sadly this is another reason to consider getting the Moto X Pure or Nexus.

The SD810 is compatible.

Maybe they didn't add it for cost, but it's not even much to enable the feature, and will probably be appreciated.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I can deal with it taking 3 hours to charge from 0%. How many times will I have to charge it from zero when I need it immediately? I usually charge from 25-30% on phones with much worse battery life, so I think it'll be fine in real-world use.

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I could care less when it has a 3300 battery. I'm expecting insane battery life once it gets fully released/had an update or two/gets a custom kernel developed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo